PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling in my penis...

Mrpainter
14-05-17, 11:42
Hi I'm a 30 year old male and I've suffered with anxiety and depression since a young age and a few years ago I started getting weird feelings in my penis when I got anxious, it's just started again and it's getting me down because it doesn't feel normal, does or has anyone had this too?

Bigboyuk
14-05-17, 12:50
Hi Mrpainter and welcome aboard to NMP :) Can you describe these weird feelings downstairs, does it hurt, tingle?? If in doubt see your Gp to get some ideas as to what it may be. And yeah I suffer too from Depression so know what you are going through! Cheers

Mrpainter
14-05-17, 13:10
Hi it feels like pressure id say, like before an erection but I don't get one, just feels like I'm going to, does that make sense? I haven't had it for years and now the anxiety has come back so has the feeling

Bigboyuk
14-05-17, 15:29
Hi it feels like pressure id say, like before an erection but I don't get one, just feels like I'm going to, does that make sense? I haven't had it for years and now the anxiety has come back so has the feeling Yeah makes perfect sense :) So it's not a unpleasant feeling obviously ;) So you can normally get a erection then? Does it subside pretty quickly I would say there's nothing to really worry about unless it happens a lot in a day? It's your anxiety playing up mate. Cheers

Mrpainter
14-05-17, 18:03
It's like it most of the day but it's not like it's hard, more like tingly and like half of a semi if that's possible

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Oh and it's not pain, it's more uncomfortable and embarrassing, I can get erections fine

fishman65
14-05-17, 18:29
I'd say it's one of those quirks of anxiety Mrpainter. Anxiety sufferers can report all manner of symptoms. Are you on anti-depressants? Cos they can cause side effects down below...

Mrpainter
14-05-17, 19:07
It happened before when i first got diagnosed with depreasion and anxiety, it went away once I was further into taking my tablets, I've been off work for a year with bad knees and it's done a number on me mentally, I was on venlafaxine but they stopped working, then mertazipine and towards the end(3 months) of taking them I started getting the feelings again and the anxiety was back, it's like I started getting anxious again and the feelings came back, I'm currently on my 4th day of sertraline and the anxiety is getting more everyday, the doc said they cause lack of erections and low sex mood, I get a lot of weird feelings throughout my body but these are ones I really don't like

Baloni
28-12-17, 22:58
I read this after searching for these symptoms on google and decided to create an account just to share my experience. I've started to get these exact same feelings about a month ago, while going finishing a really stressful project that I worked on the entire year. I had already felt that these process could have triggered my anxiety (Obs: I've had problems with anxiety in the past but was able to overcome it and haven't dealt with it these year until the final stage of the mentioned project).

I don't feel pain and didn't have unprotected sex... and I also noticed that most of the time when I get distracted by other activities, these feelings usually go away. So I assumed that it could be related to the anxiety and these annoying obsessive/worrying thoughts around that area of my body.

I'm trying not to think about it and it seems to work :)