PDA

View Full Version : I'm so pathetic!

scatty_cat
04-05-07, 16:56
I've done it again - let panic get the better of me and made myself feel like a pathetic over protective mother.

I usually pick my son up from school. They come out at 2.45 and I normally expect to see him about 10 minutes later because he always seems to be the last one out. 3 o'clock comes and no sign of him - everyone has gone by this time. I try to be rational but I can feel the panic rising. I go into the office to make sure he was actually there which he was. So by this time my mouth is so dry I can't swallow, my heart is pounding and I feel like I'm in a dream.

Anyway - 3.05 and he turns up and I feel like screaming at him 'where the f*** have you been' but I restrain myself.

The worst thing about it is that he is 14 and I know I shouldn't be getting myself into such a state because he really is old enough to look after himself but I can't help it. Will it ever get any easier?

Jaco45er
04-05-07, 17:05
Sounds like good mother syndrome to me :)

Its when mothers (and dads) don't panic in those situations when you are not normal.

Mines are 6 and 12, so not sure about the easier bit, we will see.

I lost my lad in Tesco's once. He was 6, and I freaked. I wen't into panic mode, nearly flattened a couple shopping and I reckon at least 3 people ended up in the freezer as I looked like the Tazmanian Devil roaring down the isles.

Luckly, I noticed a pair of legs sticking out under a clothes carousel, and the little muppet was there. But was enough to leave me in a right ole state all day.

I reckon all good parents will worry about kids forever, just one of those things.

TC

Jaco

Jaco45er
04-05-07, 17:06
sorry had to post again, number 113 was the last post, and I can't stand the number 13 so can't be stuck on it.

And you think you have problems ;)

scatty_cat
04-05-07, 17:12
Hi Jaco

'I wen't into panic mode, nearly flattened a couple shopping and I reckon at least 3 people ended up in the freezer as I looked like the Tazmanian Devil roaring down the isles'

That really made me chuckle :D - I can just picture it!

Thing is - it's not the first time he's been late and I'm sure it won't be the last. I try to drum it into him to get out on time but he's such an airhead (wonder where he gets that from:) ) that he's in a little world of his own.

groovygranny
04-05-07, 21:28
Aaw, scatty_cat you're not at all pathetic!

Like Jaco says, sounds like you're just a good mother to me:)

I lost my youngest in the Co-Op once, when she was about three. There is nothing like that feeling of dread and panic that only goes when you know they're ok. And she was - playing wheelies on an office chair with the security guard and the secretary!!

You'll always worry about your kids, it's your instinct to. And it doesn't stop when they grow up!! I still feel 'jumpy' when they're late (which all three are renowned for!) and I'm in 'Go Granny Go' mode at the moment because the youngest is due to have her first baby any time in the next two weeks!!

Here's a :hugs:for you!

:flowers: