PDA

View Full Version : Update on how I am. Please give advice. It's needed xx

Ljthompson10
15-05-17, 12:16
Hi - my name is Lewis and I'm proud to say I haven't been on a forum for over a month (I used to be reliant on them every day). I took time out to try and figure out my thoughts.

My thoughts are repetitive but don't scare me or freak me out (thank god). Literally every day I will think 'what about my repetitive thoughts' which will frustrate me as I will think this a lot. THEY ARE LITERALLY JUST REMINDERS OF MY REPETITIVE THOUGHTS AND THEY DO MY HEAD IN. Then I will think 'what if i don't forget this thought' - which will freak me out and make my mind try and forget about the reminders and thoughts such as 'what about the thoughts' and it will frustrate me even more!!

I don't give myself praise - however the fact that I have limited my reasurrnace seeking from everyday to not once in a whole month is something to be proud of :)

I saw my school nurse (who is fantastic) and she said even thought she doesn't think I have OCD she will refer me to the school therapist for CBT sessions. I have now had 2 CBT sessions and am trying to stay patient as we haven't really gotten far but I trust her a lot.

I can't wait to silence this. The fact I haven't been on a forum for so long shows my progression. Does it not??

This is very frustrating but I'm so determined to beat it :) the thing is it's not that the reminders and thoughts scare me it's just how repetitive they are and how I can't get rid of them. It's almost because I don't have an intrusive scary thought (e.g. HOCD anymore my mind is just throwing these repetitive reminders about my thoughts at me.

Can I have everyone's thoughts on my situation and any advice would be great!!

My thoughts are repetitive and I just want them to go away:

'What about the thoughts'
'What if I don't forget this thought'

(Constant reminders)

I'm sure there are more but I'm pretty sure these are it ATMm. I feel like I'm the only one with this problem and it's so hard to explain.

I'm sure my thoughts are not as bad as they were. And this shows in my inactivity online ( I used to be on forums every single day for about 2 months!!!!!)

Thankyou xx:) ps. I hope everyone is well and has been recovering successfully since I have been off xx

KK77
15-05-17, 13:26
Pleased reading this as you appear to have got your teeth into dealing with your anxiety. Too many people feel they have to silence or stop the inner chatter/thoughts but I feel it's more realistic to achieve a state of mind where you're more at ease with the difficult emotions your anxiety evokes and targets; the deep seated fears and emotions which the conscious mind tries to rationalise and interpret. This is the theory behind how talking therapy works - trying to be conscious and aware of what's driving our anxiety.

Wish you well.

Ljthompson10
16-05-17, 11:38
Thankyou!!

Yes I have trying to quiet the thoughts once and for all

but i feel like nno one can relate as they are not really even thoughts, they are like just small reminders of intrusive thoughts that I have, reminding me about the thoughts. What shall i do when I get these reminders, as they annoy me as I can not face them as they are so vague they are not 100% real thoughts.

Thnaks again, next therapy session is booked in for Thursday x

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

The thing is that I can't really identify the thoughts (which frustrates me)
And i also feel like I've cared so much about getting rid of the thoughts I've put so much emphasis on them and its almost like they are in my head stuck and I'm trying to push them out.

They are soooo frustrating!!

Ljthompson10
16-05-17, 17:42
Anyone????

Ljthompson10
18-05-17, 13:51
I don't even know what the thoughts are they are almost negative feelings but it feels like they are trapped in my head and I have to address them and can't get rid of them. the thing that makes these a little worse than my old odd thoughts which I beat (e.g. SOCD OR HOCD) is that I can't address them and they are so repetitive, they are just little negative reminders that i have and negative feelings. I feel like this is the last hurdle though as i am getting better and have beaten a lot of 'normal' intrusive thoughts in the past an I'm fine when I'm distracted and with friends its just when I'm on my own, I just need a saying to say to myself to counter the thoughts such as "it too shall pass" or "just smile and let them be there"

please can I have some advice as I need to keep my progression up!!!!
and thing i can say to myself swell would really help xx

PLEASE DONT IGNORE THIS THA NKS:welcome::winks::D:):flowers::yahoo::bighug1:

Ljthompson10
19-05-17, 14:04
wow, can no one give me advice???

i knew none can relate..

I feel like I'm now going crazy ahhhhhh

Catherine S
19-05-17, 15:35
I think you've exhausted everybody Lj, and to be honest, asking again for everybody's thoughts may not help as you've now started your therapy sessions. Lots of differing advice given here might interfere with the professional therapy program so might be a bad idea.

Why not come back and tell us how things are after you've completed all of the sessions. That way you can give therapy your undivided attention, and also stick to your goal of not using the forum for a while.

Best wishes
ISB ☺ x

Ljthompson10
19-05-17, 19:02
how have i exhausted people????

I'm just asking for a bit of friendly advice and all i get is someone like you telling me I'm exhausting people??

I've been off for 2 months and get tis?

all i want is helpful advice man. please

Fishmanpa
19-05-17, 19:13
Best to address this with your therapist. Make sure you discuss your participation on the forum as reassurance seeking behavior can hinder your recovery.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
19-05-17, 20:24
I thought my reply to you was quite and kind supportive Lj. And by exhausting people I meant people have perhaps said all there is to say to you and would now only be repeating themselves somewhat, hence not getting much response.

ISB ☺

Ljthompson10
20-05-17, 10:01
I'm sorry. I really am

I am just frustrated as I just want advice on what to do when these repetitive thoughts/reminders which frustrate me come into my head. If I get advice I promise I will leave.

I shouldn't have been rude to you but I just would love advice and feel like I'm being ignored.

Catherine S
20-05-17, 10:52
That's ok, no probs. You don't have to leave Lj, the suggestions are only to take a break while you're having therapy so as not to confuse yourself and the therapist. I'm sure people will respond on here at some point though :)

ISB

Ljthompson10
20-05-17, 11:26
Aha ok thankyou!!

And yeah I am willing to take advice as well as therapy.

The thing is I can't really explain my problem. The thoughts are not real thoughts, I just have repetitive feelings and negative reminders which make my head feel full.

I just want to know I'm not going crazy. No one else seems to have the same problem. You know?

Thanks again btw :)

Bigboyuk
20-05-17, 12:37
Think you are trying to seek a lot of reassurance off other members, by the constant please help etc comments you need to address your concerns with your therapist really other members to have their own daily problems to get through it's not easy I know :) Cheers

Ljthompson10
21-05-17, 11:18
Last time I checked this whole thread was for reasurrnace and I see it given all the time. No one seems to have time for me

Anyways what will be will be I guess

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 11:29
Last time I checked this whole thread was for reasurrnace and I see it given all the time. No one seems to have time for me

Anyways what will be will be I guess What are you driving at? The thing is you have had replies so that shows that other members do have the time for you! And again we aren't therapists, if we were we wouldn't be here. You need to have healthy thinking in stead, When is your next appointment? Cheers