PDA

View Full Version : Stopping the constant Googling?

samtheman
04-05-07, 17:15
I cant help but think that researching my anxiety condition is my biggest problem and its holding back my recovery

Say you watch a scary movie before bed, yes you are scared but you get up in the morning and the fear has faded and by the end of the day its gone.

This is similar to my anxiety, I feel symptoms of my condition, think i'm going mad or something, I hit google find a bit of releaf that i'm not going mad in places like this etc and I feel fine, but like the scary movie this reasurance soon wears of, and before long i'm back on google etc or on here.:blush:

Any advice? I honestly think the only way to rid myself of this is to stop leaning on you's for support.

ruthb1
04-05-07, 17:50
hi,

you have got to stop googaling, it is part of recovery. I know, how hard it is, i was the worlds worst, every sympton, ache pain, i would google, but i stopped myself from doing it. it is hard at first but you just have to have a little willpower. its like going to the doctors, when i fist got anxiety i lived in the doctors every other day i was there and then i knew i had to stop myself from going as regularyly as i did.

it does work and it is part of getting better, but it doesnt happen overnight so try and be patient

take care

ruth

groovygranny
04-05-07, 22:01
The time to stop leaning on the support is the time you feel strong enough to do so.

If you're walking with a crutch while a broken leg heals, you wouldn't stop leaning on the crutch until the leg was strong enough to bear your weight would you? Cos if you did you'd set the healing right back - and probably fall over and bang your head in the process, thus adding to your problems!

Being Google-Free sounds like a good idea though - I like the 'scary movie' analogy, it's spot on.

:hugs::hugs: