PDA

View Full Version : Trapped wind or my apendix?

TonettaKringle
15-05-17, 21:00
I've had this cramp like feeling in my belly since last Sunday, and I burp a lot, Even drinking water causes me to burp, Is it just trapped wind? None of the pills etc, to take are working. Is it something sinister? Am I going to die?
It goes from one side to the other and into my back and I do fart a lot too. sometimes.:ohmy:

ocdbaking
15-05-17, 21:06
I had appendicitis when I was 14, and I did not have the gas issues you are describing.

TonettaKringle
15-05-17, 21:07
So it's probably just a case of trapped wind? Phew.

ocdbaking
15-05-17, 21:08
I'm not a doctor, but it doesn't fit with what I experienced. However, since you are having continuing gas issues it might be worth popping to the doctor to try and get to the cause of it (whether dietary etc).

TonettaKringle
15-05-17, 21:11
Damn, I'm scared, I'm meeting someone on the 30th and I'm scared I won't be able to see her, **** :(

Anxiety sucks.

ocdbaking
15-05-17, 21:17
Look, I'm not saying you should be scared.

It's more than likely a slight digestive issues - something you're eating/drinking which is causing the gas. I've been having issues myself recently, and have cut pears out of my diet and so far it's helped. It really could be as simple as something like that! I love pears, but having not eaten one in two days, my stomach/guts seem happier!

So, it's not appendicitis. The symptoms don't match, and after over a week of the pains you would be getting a lot worse. Between my first symptom (when i was 14), and going into hospital was less than 2 days. You've had gas issues (which again, don't match appendix issues) for over a week.

Yes, anxiety sucks. I hope you are getting some support from the doctor etc. It really does make a difference.

TonettaKringle
15-05-17, 21:18
Thank you, that has reassured me a lot. I'll just chill now and maybe look at my diet

tillyyy
15-05-17, 22:21
Appendicitis starts with a pain at your belly button then migraites to the side. It's also so severe that you would be laying crying unable to walk. I'm any case, I'm sure ut will resolve soon.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

little.miss.worry
15-05-17, 23:16
Like others have said, I really wouldn't worry and it's defiantelt trapped wind! I used to get this worry the pains around the appendix area and that turned out to be wind! With appendicitis, you'd get very ill and feel awful.

So I reckon you're completely fine! :)