PDA

View Full Version : Dentist anxiety

gregcool
16-05-17, 06:25
Hi guys.i have got to have some deep gum cleaning and a filling in three weeks and im realy anxious and nervious about the whole thing and can imagin how im going to be feeling on the day.i dred that injection that paralyses your face..that feeling of lose of control,after the injection you are sat there,then slowley it creeps up on you and you feel slowley your face going numb and knowing its to late,nothing you can do to stop it,its done and creeping up getting worse and worse.plus iv goto have one side done one day then go back to have the other side done...im dredding the wole thing ,that not being in control,that antisipation that fear..any advice please.

MyNameIsTerry
05-06-17, 01:48
Hi Greg,

Have you been yet?

It's a weird feling having the injection, like your face is so tight. Use whatever panic relief methods help with things like this whether it's counting things in your mind or focussing on objects by sight or in your pockets, etc. They can help. The same when you're on the table.

All the best mate. I went through a broken wisdom tooth & infection not long after the relapse and starting the med that made me a lot worse so I understand it can be tough. I backed out once but I got through it the 2nd time with methods like this.