PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting Pap results

Cocobro1015
16-05-17, 16:26
I've been on the pill since 2014 and recently have had a couple episodes of very light brown spotting, which I would like to think is due to a combination of high stress and being sloppy with taking the pill at the same time. I also started a very low dose of St. John's wort which I didn't know until now could make you spot. I went in to my gyno and had a pap because I was nervous, although she said everything looked fine and she wasn't worried. I'm just afraid I have some awful disease lurking below the surface as I have been suffering from digestive issues, shortness of breath, abdominal pains here and there, and headaches. I had an abdominal ultrasound in January to investigate the cramping but everything was completely normal. I've never had an abnormal pap, and my last one was in July. So I know I'm being a bit irrational but I can't stop this cycle. I would love some advice/reassurance:( I just can't stop with this awful health anxiety

Melonpony
16-05-17, 17:48
It does sound like you know the realistic reasons and outcome (totally fine). It's HIGHLY UNLIKELY anything is wrong, especially given the fact that your gyno isn't worried.
Try and distract yourself with activities and things. When scary thoughts come up, try and gear your gyns voice in your head saying she isn't worried. Remembering others telling me I'm okay can be helpful for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cocobro1015
16-05-17, 20:05
Thank you so much for the reply. That's what I've been trying to do! It's just tough sometimes, but you're definitely rigbt

Melonpony
16-05-17, 22:40
Yes, it's hard for me too, but hearing the voice echoing in my head defo helps! "I'm not worried!" is a great one from your gyno who studied and has seen signs of things !

Melonpony
27-05-17, 04:45
Any news on your pap?