PDA

View Full Version : Possible recurrent UTI??

Niqq90
16-05-17, 21:24
I had an early miscarriage middle of march and at the same time ended up with a uti. I've had three sets of antibiotics and each time, it appears as if it's gone away, and then within a week, I'm back in pain/urinating a lot.

The pain is mostly in my lower back, but have also been having some burning sensations - not when peeing though.

Is there such a thing as an antibiotic resistant uti? Am I going crazy with worry for no reason?

little.miss.worry
16-05-17, 22:43
There is such a thing as people being antibiotic resistant to UTI's but the likelihood of you being resistant is probably really slim. I personally had a UTI's every other week for a year and constantly on trimethoprim and amoxicillin and I'm still not resistant. This worried me massively at the time but I spoke with the doctor and she told me usually it takes years and years for the bugs to become resistant to the antibiotic.

If you keep getting the UTI's constantly I'd advise you to take a trip to the doctor and ask for them to investigate it further because it could be something causing them and also. To stop my reccurant UTI's I was on a low dose of trimethoprim (100 mg) every night for 3 months and also trying to drink 2-3litres a day. This helped me massively and I highly recommend you to bring up the low dose antibiotics if it's getting that bad.

Honestly you'll be fine, I've been there so I know how awful it is! I really hope I've helped :)