PDA

View Full Version : Headaches.....really?

walkerbull
17-05-17, 07:54
So I am still waiting to go to my psychology appointment. So, my twitches have continued, still stressed. Still not reassured. :scared15:

Worst of all.....

My headaches have returned,

Yay! my brain has decided to once more throw me under the bus.

Round 1: Lump on head that was nothing.

Round 2: Only days after this was resolved got headaches, later twitches. Has continued for over two months with no reprieve.

Round 3: Random episodes of light in vision.

Round 3: Headaches return with quite a substantial intensity.

What do they feel like?

Like some one is compressing my head with a vice. Panadol only reduces the pain by 40% at the most. Also hurts more so when I get up and move around.

Where does it occur?

Front, top, temples, back of head. It also occurs on both sides and frequently changes. An hour at the front, and thereafter moves to the back.
Most interesting it occurs when I am relaxed, or have recovered from an anxiety assault. And occurs intermittently for several days between two-three weeks.

Why am I worried?

Because I didn't talk to my doctor about it. And I am terrified about the prospect of getting a MRI and the waiting it entails.

axolotl
17-05-17, 08:06
I doubt you'll get an MRI for headaches. Anxiety can cause absolutely blistering ones.

walkerbull
17-05-17, 08:13
I doubt you'll get an MRI for headaches. Anxiety can cause absolutely blistering ones.

It has become more frustrating than scary.

Laaur_xo
17-05-17, 08:53
Hi there, i am i the same situation as you.. Ive been suffering with headaches since October last year and I have had light in my vision as well..

I had an MRI last Monday and i am awaiting the results. Fingers crossed for the all clear, i think my GP sent me for mine to rule things out and too out my mind at rest.

In the mean time, i would try 2x ibuprofen, drink lots of water and eat well and practice stress relief.

This helps to relieve mine a little. :)

walkerbull
17-05-17, 09:16
Hi there, i am i the same situation as you.. Ive been suffering with headaches since October last year and I have had light in my vision as well..

I had an MRI last Monday and i am awaiting the results. Fingers crossed for the all clear, i think my GP sent me for mine to rule things out and too out my mind at rest.

In the mean time, i would try 2x ibuprofen, drink lots of water and eat well and practice stress relief.

This helps to relieve mine a little. :)

Sigh....going to have to convince Mum to take me to the GP again. For the fourth time in three months.

swajj
17-05-17, 10:45
Bad things don't go on holiday.

My old doctor told me that.

walkerbull
17-05-17, 12:10
Bad things don't go on holiday.

That one made me giggle.

Laaur_xo
17-05-17, 15:14
Haha, im gonna remember that phrase!

Dont worry, i have been to the doctors loads since my headaches started, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going, at the end of the day if it helps you feel better, then thats all that matters!!! :-)

Jackrabbit
17-05-17, 16:58
Sounds exactly like a tension headache. Being stressed and anxious will do that to you. Since you are obviously still in a panic about the twitching, I'm almost sure its the tension you're holding building up to become headaches. Really common.

Andy.S
18-05-17, 23:17
I had exactly same symptoms as you from February this year. After a month or so I went to our local neurologist and he recommended me to take some Magnesium and Guajacuran (both non-prescription meds) which helps with Anxiety and Muscle Tension. It relieved my headache after a week. I also recommend taking Magnesium Taurate which is best type of Magnesium for this kind of thing.

PS. Taking magnesium is best thing that could happen for my anxiety, I suffered from occasional Panic attacks but after Magnesium no more!

I also think that my Anxiety issues started because Magnesium deficency. I greatly recommend taking Magnesium

walkerbull
18-05-17, 23:58
I had exactly same symptoms as you from February this year. After a month or so I went to our local neurologist and he recommended me to take some Magnesium and Guajacuran (both non-prescription meds) which helps with Anxiety and Muscle Tension. It relieved my headache after a week. I also recommend taking Magnesium Taurate which is best type of Magnesium for this kind of thing.

PS. Taking magnesium is best thing that could happen for my anxiety, I suffered from occasional Panic attacks but after Magnesium no more!

I also think that my Anxiety issues started because Magnesium deficency. I greatly recommend taking Magnesium

Thanks for the advice.