PDA

View Full Version : Blood clots, my worst fear ever

AnxiousTeen97
17-05-17, 23:12
As a 19 years old male, I've had health anxiety for so long. I have feared hundreds of illnesses and had many amount of tests which of course all showed that there no abnormality. Recently my biggest fear is blood clots. 4 days ago a slight redness appeared in my hand (2cm) with 3 very little dots, the redness disappeared hours later but those barely visible red dots are still present. Well while being better today I saw a longer redness in my biceps, both of them being in my left arm (freaks me out) the redness disappeared but the little dots (bigger here) still remain. I was having shooting pains in chest a week ago when I went to have an echodiagram which showed my heart was fine, those went away but at this very moment they are back. I am afraid of aneurysm, blood clots, I am afraid of dying so young! No idea what to do anymore really. I am afraid to do anything physically in case a blood vessel tears itself. Although I am physically strong, can do anything that I want, but I am scared. Should I go to doctor about this?

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Oh God now my left arm and leg feel slightly weaker, am I dyingg :((((

NoahsMom
18-05-17, 00:07
Don't fixate on it because your mind is a powerful thing. Your mind will start to create psychosomatic symptoms which can of course feel very real but are not.

Hypomean
18-05-17, 05:37
Ummm. I went through a faze like this turned out I was leaning or laying on my hand/arm all awkward that was causing heaviness, blood spots (these happen easily in some people). I feared my heart being the issue but I too had an echocardiogram done for it to be just fine. What worked for me might not work for all. But I made myself go to the gym work myself real hard and through it all I was great. Made me get over that fear and helped me see that I easily get these blood spots. Like yesterday kneeling down in the garden caused some on my knees to show up. And a doctor around the same time told me there is one specific symptom to say that it's legit a real symptom of a (dangerous) DVT in the arm (which you do not have based on what you've mentioned).