PDA

View Full Version : get nervous and cant breath at the thought of going out

angelani
17-05-17, 22:57
Hi all
I am 23 years old woman.
I have been a topper during my studies and i always got praised and attention.IDk when and how i developed this fear of going out of home to public and while going alone its worse.I start thinking about it even 1 or 2 days before and get nervous.And on The same day or time i start feeling lIke i cant breathe and really nervous. I cant eat at that time.Today i read about agoraphobia .Maybe its that but not that severe. Because once i step out of house or sometimes after reaching destination it goes away and i get relaxed like normal.
I dont even like going to jym or parlour.
I thought maybe its because i was upbrought this way as my parents always accompanied me everywhere even to schools and collage. I was never on my own.But many a children live this way but they dont get afraid of going out.I was an extrovert person and more i have still all my hobbies and talent .painting,writing,dancing, you name it.I love parties and travelling i mean i love everything.But with this fear i am nothing.
Wish i i never feared to go alone.Please help me guys.and i want to know what i am suffering from exactly. what it is called.please help.I will be grateful.
P.S.I am a healthy person and i love everything about my life.I am skinny and look much younger than my age(i tried to put on weight but i fail and my shape bothers me as i want to get some inches but i am sure i will.)I do fear strangers and feel unsafe .i want to be like other girls and roam free.I wonder how girls dont get afraid of strangers and travel alone?I mean at nights too.I wish i was brave too.

Benjammin69
18-05-17, 08:05
Hi, I'm really sorry you are suffering and it really is not fair.. I have a similar story to yourself - I am no doctor so I cannot tell you exactly what you are suffering with but what I can say is it sounds like anxiety with agoraphobia or depending on your level of anxiety it could be panic disorder mixed with agoraphobia... the best thing for you to do is go to see your doctor and maybe try a therapist? If that does not work then meds can help you... exposure therapy is a good option for agoraphobia. My one ask is please try to deal with it now as it doesn't just go away. I really wish for you to have good health going forward :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelani
18-05-17, 13:22
Thanks a lot Benjammin69.
I live at such a place that this type of therapist are not available.I came here to so i could get some advise or ways to self help.

Benjammin69
18-05-17, 17:02
Thanks a lot Benjammin69.

I live at such a place that this type of therapist are not available.I came here to so i could get some advise or ways to self help.

There are online therapy courses CBT4Panic etc you just have to be very self disciplined with them. Do you work? Do they offer you an EAP or occ health? Maybe telephone therapy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk