PDA

View Full Version : Severe sore throat that's not improving

kmm111
18-05-17, 12:10
I'm starting to panic a little about this now since it doesn't seem to be getting better. My husband had a cold last week, so when I started feeling crappy 5days ago, I wasn't surprised. That was Sunday. On Tuesday I woke up with the worst sore throat and it's Thursday now and not getting any better. The only other symptom I have is congestion. No fever, no throat redness, etc. My throat/tonsils are extremely painful and feel swollen.

My doctor prescribed an antibiotic ( over the phone since he was closed that day; I told him originally I thought I had a sinus infection)) which I've been taking since Tuesday afternoon. My mind is wandering thinking this could be something more than a cold. Has anyone had anything similar? Has anyone had a severe lasting sore throat from post-nasal drip?

swajj
18-05-17, 12:14
Yes. Gargle with warm water and salt 4 times a day. It really works. btw antibiotics won't help if it's a virus.

M00nlight
19-05-17, 03:05
I've had a major sore throat for 7 days now... Dr just said virus and to ride it out.

snowghost57
19-05-17, 03:12
I know this is nasty, but add a shot of vinegar to the warm salt water. It will knock out any sore throat. Old country recipe here!

walkerbull
19-05-17, 10:49
Ah, sounds like bacteria.