PDA

View Full Version : Physical symptoms of anxiety

Worrywart1234
18-05-17, 12:18
All of my HA is focussed on my torso, and I am finding that at the moment I have lots of aches and little pains in all different parts of my torso. Sometimes on the left or right side of my ribs, sometimes low down near my stomach and so on. Do you think my anxiety could be causing this?

swajj
18-05-17, 12:34
Pain that moves around from place to place can often be caused by anxiety.

braginskaya
04-06-17, 16:28
I get these as well! Dull, intermittent twinges, usually on one side or the other, sometimes higher up, sometimes lower down. My GP couldn't feel any swelling or lumps and put it down to anxiety-induced muscle tension, but it's still something which worries me from time to time. They tend to be more frequent during bouts of anxiety, which in turn makes my health anxiety worse - it's a vicious cycle!

WiredIncorrectly
04-06-17, 16:45
I get all sorts of random pains all over. Twinges, aches, stabbing pains, itching, pins and needles. No idea why but I've had them happening since I was younger. Growing pains probably. Or getting old. It's one of them.

I Don't Get it!
04-06-17, 16:58
Worrywart, I get this too and it's definitely anxiety related.

For me it's pains in the neck, shoulders, chest, upper back etc. Sometimes when I'm standing up for a long time (like washing up for example) I get it really bad and it's like a muscular burning type of pain.

The thing is I don't notice it at all when I'm not feeling anxious or depressed, so that's a bit of a clue...:blush: