PDA

View Full Version : Toilet dreams- but I am awake

itsok
18-05-17, 19:57
Hi- so I literally made an account on here to post this (I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly).

I feel like I am going a bit crazy. The last two days, when I go to the toilet, it feels like I am in a dream. The only way to explain it is it feels the same as when you are going to the toilet in your dream and you panic because you know you're not awake and you can feel yourself wetting the bed in your clothes...

I have asked friends, but none of them know what I am on about ha.

I am currently in the process of reaching a mental health diagnosis (potentially bipolar 2) and I take 45mg mirtazapine, 150mg quetiapine and recently I have started on 1000mg depakote. I am not sure if it is the medication, if I am unnecessarily worrying. I just don't know, but the feeling lasts for like five minutes even once I have left the toilet, its like fear and panic because I feel embarrassed like I might not be actually on the toilet.

So yeah- not sure how this works, but was kind of hoping someone could answer or share their experience so I don't feel so crazy!

bottleblond
18-05-17, 20:44
Hi Itsok and welcome along. :hugs:

You're definitely not crazy!. Lol

I used to have dreams where I thought I was in the Loo and woke up realising I wasn't so had to dash off. Is it that sort of thing?.

Lisa
x

Benjammin69
18-05-17, 20:49
Hi- so I literally made an account on here to post this (I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly).

I feel like I am going a bit crazy. The last two days, when I go to the toilet, it feels like I am in a dream. The only way to explain it is it feels the same as when you are going to the toilet in your dream and you panic because you know you're not awake and you can feel yourself wetting the bed in your clothes...

I have asked friends, but none of them know what I am on about ha.

I am currently in the process of reaching a mental health diagnosis (potentially bipolar 2) and I take 45mg mirtazapine, 150mg quetiapine and recently I have started on 1000mg depakote. I am not sure if it is the medication, if I am unnecessarily worrying. I just don't know, but the feeling lasts for like five minutes even once I have left the toilet, its like fear and panic because I feel embarrassed like I might not be actually on the toilet.

So yeah- not sure how this works, but was kind of hoping someone could answer or share their experience so I don't feel so crazy!

How do you find your meds ? I'm in 30mg mirtazapine and 300 seroquel xr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
18-05-17, 21:40
Hi Itsok and welcome along. :hugs:

You're definitely not crazy!. Lol

I used to have dreams where I thought I was in the Loo and woke up realising I wasn't so had to dash off. Is it that sort of thing?.

Lisa
x

That's what I thought when I saw the thread title and I have those all the time! ~lol~

The OP is referring to what sounds like DP/DR while on the loo I believe. Those are some heavy duty meds too that could be contributing.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
19-05-17, 01:36
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

It does sound like Derealisation.

It may be a side effect of starting that med, the leaflet will say if so. If the med can also increase anxiety levels during start up, it can alo be DR experienced due to increased anxiety levels as DP/DR are often seen in greater periods of anxiety or post panic attack.

It's situational so is there any reason for this? Do you have anxiety issues about toilet use? It's quite common if you do so please don't worry about discussing it on here.

tillyyy
19-05-17, 15:06
When I was younger (like 5/6) i thought it was funny to go to the toilet in different places or to eat myself. When I was a little older I would go to the toilet and be scared that I wasn't suppost to be going to the toilet there & what if I was going to the toilet in the wrong place. It was weird.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

meant2live
19-05-17, 17:08
So, it's only happening while you're on the toilet? Nowhere else?