PDA

View Full Version : Possible trigger, but want some insight

nosrednanagem
18-05-17, 23:11
Anyone who's been following my post knows my heart fear. I had blood work done last week that showed some pretty high cholesterol levels. My doctor wanted me to do a stress test and echo, and a redo of blood. I did the stress and echo yesterday, then redo of blood work today. My blood work came back that my cholesterol went down quite a bit. But my echo showed that I have very mild left ventricular hypertrophy. My doctor didn't seem too concerned about it, but since I'm leaving for a month vacation on Wednesday, she got me an apt with a cardiologist for Monday. I'm freaking out! I've been having heart palps ever since she told me, and I'm terrified of dropping dead due to a heart attack. Anyone have this, or have any input?!

joe233
18-05-17, 23:21
Hi there,

So my ex girlfriend worked in cardiovascular rehab. I knlw for a fact, if there was an issue with your heart, that was life threatining. Then it would of been picked up by now, the cardiologist (I see one myself on May 24th) is merely to insure the doctors opion nothing is wrong, is correct

My best advice, download an app called calm. Do what it says and it helps, did in my case. You will not drop dead, I guarantee that!

Joe

nosrednanagem
19-05-17, 00:25
Thanks for your reply! I've been dealing with pretty bad anxiety for about 8 years now. The last 4 years I've been "managing" my anxiety but drinking everynight just to feel normal for a few hours. When I got my blood work back last week, I saw how high my cholesterol numbers were. I went without drinking for two days and my cholesterol numbers went down alot. I decided to google and see if alcohol consumption had anything to do with LVH, and it looks like it might. I think I'm done drinking. I want the old me back.