PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

M00nlight
19-05-17, 03:02
I made an apt to see the dr.. rang the second they opened and managed to get seen pretty quickly. Have been under the weather and have had a sore throat for over a week. Figured it was a good chance to see if the dr notices my neck bumps.. as expected he did the usual check and didn't even bat an eye lid at them. Didn't even think I needed a blood test.. just a virus causing the sore throat but antibiotics just in case.

I didn't mention my anxiety... but I have another apt on Tuesday for my jabs. Huge step for me and it feels like a weight off my shoulders.

snowghost57
19-05-17, 03:11
Good for you, stepping out of our comfort zone is the first step, I know, I've been there. Why didn't you mention your anxiety? Enlarged glands are NORMAL when you have a sore throat. That means they are doing their job!

M00nlight
19-05-17, 06:11
Good for you, stepping out of our comfort zone is the first step, I know, I've been there. Why didn't you mention your anxiety? Enlarged glands are NORMAL when you have a sore throat. That means they are doing their job!

I've had the palpable glands well before the sore throat.. probably 2 months before getting sick. I just assumed palpable meant swollen.. and from there spiral.

Why didn't I mention the anxiety.. i think because I'm worried they won't believe me or think I'm silly.. embarrassed. I've always been the fake it till you make it. I can't even see the same dr twice..