PDA

View Full Version : A long drive

seh1980
31-10-04, 19:46
Hello peeps and peepettes,

As some of you know, I just started driving again about 2 months ago after not driving for about 2 years. I was too scared to try and didn't trust myself at the wheel of a car.

Last night, Ed and I were invited to a Halloween party in Newcastle. It was at a mate's house that we had never been to before. Ed and I originally agreed that he would drive there and that I would drive back so that he could drink at the party. Well, Ed's drinking started a lot earlier in the day (I think he needed Dutch courage as I had dressed him up as a monk LOL) so I ended up driving there as well. The jouney is only about 20 miles each way but it was in the dark and I didn't know the way.

We got there safely although I was very nervous. I kept having to ask Ed if the way I was driving was ok. The way back was worse though - Ed was drunk (awwww bless) and I was pretty much 100% in charge. Ed kept saying "go faster, go faster!!!" even though I was already going 80mph!! He then hooted the horn at some poor bloke walking on the road and stuck his head out of the window and sang at the top of his lungs. LOL Funny but was making me so nervous. At one point, I felt this surge of panic rise up my back and through my head and I had to stop myself from pulling over...

BUT...we got back safely and I did it so I guess it's a success story.

Needless to say, Ed has had a massive hang-over today!!

Sarah :D

kate
31-10-04, 20:18
Hi Sarah,

Definately a success story! Well done!

I hate driving in the dark and not knowing where I'm going, nightmare!!!

You did real good!!![^]

Luv Kate xx

Karen
31-10-04, 21:00
Hi Sarah

Well done! Definitely a success story.

I don't mind driving, but I would be worried driving somewhere I don't know in the dark.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
01-11-04, 00:50
Hi Kate and Karen,

Thanks a lot for your kind words!! I was so relieved to get home...

davebrum
01-11-04, 00:58
hi sarah
well done you - gives me hope as im re starting my driving lessons
i hope you made ed sleep on the settee lol naughty boy
xx david

seh1980
01-11-04, 13:00
LOL David

Thanks a lot mate - if I can do it, so can you!!

jill
01-11-04, 13:27
Hi Sarah,

That must have been soooo hard for you to do,
but you did it [Wow!]a big WELL DONE to you.

LOVE JILLXXX

You haven't failed till you quit trying.

pips
01-11-04, 13:44
BRILLENT SARAH!

WELL DONE

LOVE PIP'S XX XX

Meg
01-11-04, 14:47
Nice big step forwards Sarah

Love Meg

carlin
01-11-04, 15:07
Well done Sarah, you must congratulate yourself, i have not driven for 6 months and never in the dark, so this is so encouraging, oh by the way, i can't park either (but that's another story) You have done really well

KW
01-11-04, 15:15
Well done you!

KW

seh1980
01-11-04, 15:53
Thanks a lot for your support guys!!

Carlin - I can't park either LOL

kate
01-11-04, 19:55
I STILL can't parallel park 11 years after passing my test [:O]

Kate x

Sue
02-11-04, 18:18
Well done indeed!

I share your worries about driving and have recently started driving short distances again.

You have given me a little hope here because tomorrow I am going to a careers seminar (nervous about that anyway!). It is 25 miles away!!! The longest drive alone that I will have done (if I do it) for about 18 months.

AAAARGGGGHH

Sue

jo-jo
02-11-04, 20:50
Fantastic news Sarah, what an achievement [^][^][^]

Just one thing... If Ed was dressed as a monk, what did you go as??

Love and hugs Jo xxx

seh1980
02-11-04, 21:19
Sue - Good luck tomorrow mate - you CAN do it!!

Jo - I was a witch lol

sal
02-11-04, 23:29
Hi Sarah

You have done brilliantly from not driving to going round Durham then driving to Newcastle. Even the most confident drivers i know dont like doing Newcastle, so how well have you done.

Driving to mine on Saturday will be okay for you. If you want to stay you can have Sams room as she will be sleeping in my bed.

Looking forward to seeing you and would be good if you could stay over.

Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
02-11-04, 23:33
Hi Sal,

Thanks for your kind words!!

We would love to stay over but unfortunately we can't because of the cat. He doesn't like being left alone at night and I'd feel really bad.

Wow - I'm really looking forward to driving to yours - how things have changed, huh?

See you on Saturday!! Hi to Sam!!

sal
02-11-04, 23:35
No probs hon

Cat would be welcome aswell.

Sam will text you with her new number tomorrow night.

Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
02-11-04, 23:40
hey Sal,

Don't think the cat at yours would be a good idea. I can see him scratch your walls or something [Oops!]

Thanks for the offer though...

sal
02-11-04, 23:48
No problem Sarah

Will see you on Saturday, looking forward to it.

Love Sal xxxxx