PDA

View Full Version : I am in a bad way, tumour/clot fear:-(

Lissy43
05-05-07, 12:07
Last weekend I felt a tiny bit dizzy on the sunday but I had little sleep the night before so wasn't too concerned then on monday night I had a head rush, again I was stressed and tired, id done lots of driving that day. On the tuesday I was worrying myself sick so I saw my GP, he listened to what was wrong (didn't treat is just as anxiety) he said 'right lets look to see if there is anything sinister going on' to which I felt sick.

He did my BP & pulse, he said both were normal so he didn't think it was anything serious. He then looked in my eyes, said no pressure on the nerves. He advised an eye test though just to put myself at ease and he said they can see alot more than he can but when I said 'why do you think there could be something?' he said 'no not at all, its nothing serious. Its just to check your eyes because of the floaters but im sure its nothing as they are normal' I went away feeling reassured but then since that head rush ive been feeling kind of giddy and feeling sick at times. I also have VERY heavy eyes, like I need match sticks to keep them open type feeling. My hubby & family say im just tired and that can make you feel giddy but focusing on feeling abit giddy will make it seem ten times worse.

A very good friend of mine looked up the symptoms of brain tumours and anurysems (sp) as she knew I was frightened about them. She said the symptoms were not like mine and that they were very serious such as fits, confusion, high bp etc.... but I can't help but still worry.

I had 6 hours sleep last night, I have 3 children. I usually do have 6 hours sleep, sometimes I wake once to pop a dummy in a mouth but other than that I get 6 hours. I can't see that that would be causing this heavy eyed feeling. My head just feels very tired and woozy/fuzzy, sometimes like im swaying but hubby says im not. Does anyone else get this? could anxiety really be causing this?

Should I be reassured that my BP is normal? my mum sister had a brain tumour and my mum said her BP was sky high and that her GP has always told her that a dr can tell by the eyes if they have a tumour. I am still worrying though. I also had a full blood count last week to check my ferttin level and to check for anaemia, the full blood count was totally normal and my ferritin has risen to 25.5, still low but its going up now. My friend and hubby said no way would my full blood count be normal, something would be high or low if I had a tumour or something like that.

I am not having headaches, slight ache now & again but as I know they are a late symptoms as the brain cavity is under alot of pressure im paranoid ive early signs.

Can anyone help me and reassure me? I was due to see the optician yesterday but yet again my mum let me down and turned up 40 minutes late to babysit my children, I was really upset as I thought an eye test would really of reassured me:weep:

Great bank holiday for me and my family, I hate feeling so anxious, its not fair on them, they deserve a happy mummy.

honeybee3939
05-05-07, 12:38
Cherry hun

It does sound like anxiety to me, please try not to worry, all your tests have come back fine and im sure if your gp thought if anything was wrong he would have sent you futhur tests.
I like you get the fuzzy head, floaters, dizziness etc, but its anxiety that makes us feel like this. im sure all the tieredness you are experiancing is also because you are worrying so much.

sending you a hug!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Lissy43
05-05-07, 12:42
Thanks Andrea,

I am also worried what if its an inner ear infection as ive had lots of fluid in my ears for months now but ive never had diziness with it so drs were not worried. They said ist not infected last week so i have to trust them, I even saw an Ear, nose & throat dr and he said ive nothing wrong at all but my dr says ive fluid, so confusing but as i know that middle ear infections can cause meningitis im worried.

Wondering how id know if it were an inner ear infection. I just feel so tired, dizzy & queezy at times.

honeybee3939
05-05-07, 12:52
Hi Cherry

I know myself that dizzyness can be so frightening, i too thought i had a inner ear problem as my dizzyness was so awful and couldnt believe that anxiety could do this to me. I started medication for my ears but the dizzyness continued, i have now come to accept its anxiety that is causing it.
Please try not to google Cherry, and try not to worry.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

spuds
05-05-07, 17:08
This could be a viral infection - a harmless virus that causes things like dizziness, headache, tiredness. You can feel dreadful for a few days and then it passes. It honestly doesn't sound like a brain tumour - as far as I understand it they can see 'tumour markers' in blood samples, and there are symptoms other than you have mentioned. I often get dizzy if I get up too quickly or even turn over too quickly in bed - this is due to a blood pressure change - it then seems to take a few days before this ettled down. Could it be related to that? Hope you feel better soon.

Lissy43
05-05-07, 18:14
My bp is aparently normal so I dont think its bp related. I am worried sick tonight its a middle ear infection and it will turn into meningitis as i worry even about rare complications:-( not sure what to do, my left ear aches and feels full of pressure but i get this alot as i suffer with fluid in my ears and the drs are never worried. Surely id have a temperature or something though.

So hard not to worry about even minor things that wouldnt cross another persons mind.

Thanks for your replies.