PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about pain in my upper back

mdel
20-05-17, 04:02
Hi, so that's all. I've been feeling a pain in my left upper back for about 3 days and the pain is starting to disappear I think... I've been also taking Ibuprofen (not too much because I don't agree with taking several drugs).

I was wondering if the pain is due to me playing computer games on a chair with a poor posture for a couple hours. Also I'm very idle, I don't do sports or anything.
I just can't do a normal posture, do you have any advice about how to improve posture while I'm sit or even when I'm standing? And if there are some exercises to reduce back pain I'd really appreciate.

Melonpony
20-05-17, 05:44
Sounds like poor posture. I get this, among other issues,due to poor posture.
There are braces you can buy to help with posture. I've looked into it. The other thing is to look into stretches and alignment. Yoga is EXCELLENT for improving posture to near perfection after a while of doing it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

saf138
20-05-17, 11:54
I Definately agree with melonpony on the stretching and alignment part personally I wouldn't rely on braces to do the brunt of the work what you want to do is naturally strengthen your muscles by doing light stretches for about 10-15 mins a day. Another thing to try when you are sitting for long periods of time is try to sit upright with your chest out head up and shoulders pinned back this will prevent rounded shoulders and a hunched back you can also find videos on YouTube for hip flexor and glute stretches and these are 2 muscles which are badly affected by too much sitting causing all kinds of lower and upper back problems. It may take time but eventually with muscle memory everything will naturally align.