PDA

View Full Version : Horrible palps :(

Hypomean
20-05-17, 08:19
So the last few days I've been experiencing horrible palpitations I mean these palpitations are thumping are against my chest 3 to 5 beats really strong that gives me a hiccup feeling.

I am dealing with a bad case of acid reflux and I once got a reply saying that the palps could be due to the acid reflux. Can it make me have a heart attack if the acid reflux is really irritating my vagus nerve?

Now I don't know if out of the anxiety or the heart doing something but I got dizzy right now followed by this light feeling like if I am going to pass out.

Is this the time to go to the hospital?

walkerbull
20-05-17, 08:21
No.

It is anxiety

Hypomean
20-05-17, 09:04
I keep on having a rare thumping

ServerError
20-05-17, 13:54
What the hell does "rare thumping" mean?

In any case, literally any source will tell you that heart palpitations and skipped/missed beats are among anxiety's most common symptoms. They're harmless. It's just the effect of adrenaline and a stimulated vagus nerve. Your body can handle it.

This is all part of the physical response to an anxious mind. Make the mind less anxious, and the body will respond in kind.

nomorepanic
20-05-17, 16:52
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Hypomean
20-05-17, 17:13
Odd thumping it would do a hard beat then this weird vibrating sensation then another hard beat that would hit so hard it felt like a hiccup. ( I could feel it all the way to the back of the throAt)

tarnishedhalo
21-05-17, 04:29
Hi, this is my first post (gulp!), and maybe i can give an insight to you, hypermean, or anyone else who gets palps-this may not apply to some people, but my experience is that i'll get a little 'brainzap', ( kinda mini-panicky feeling), then palps. i then remember ive recently drunk or eaten something-possibly too fast- and i make myself burp (sorry to be indelicate!) as many times as it takes. if this doesnt stop the palps i cough a few times, and this almost always stops the palps. ..this has all probably been said on here, sorry for this, but good advice can never be repeated enough. if i have helped just one person i'm happy, kind regards, tarnished x :):hugs:

Hypomean
21-05-17, 05:47
Hi, this is my first post (gulp!), and maybe i can give an insight to you, hypermean, or anyone else who gets palps-this may not apply to some people, but my experience is that i'll get a little 'brainzap', ( kinda mini-panicky feeling), then palps. i then remember ive recently drunk or eaten something-possibly too fast- and i make myself burp (sorry to be indelicate!) as many times as it takes. if this doesnt stop the palps i cough a few times, and this almost always stops the palps. ..this has all probably been said on here, sorry for this, but good advice can never be repeated enough. if i have helped just one person i'm happy, kind regards, tarnished x :):hugs:

Thank you, i think about it know that you mentioned it is that I do burp right after I get a palp. When I had horrible heart palps a few years ago coughing would go along with them, I remember that because I had mentioned it to my mom and she said she got the same and that when her heart would go into to a tachycardia episode she would make herself cough to stop it. And it would. It is food for thought. I get the brainzap after the heartpalp.