PDA

View Full Version : Any ood

Barnabas75
20-05-17, 09:30
Is this med any good and are there any positive stories about it. They would be gladly appreciated. Thanks

akb
20-05-17, 10:03
Its a good med. Been on it 7 years and no depression. Was pretty much anxiety free till going to jail 2.5 years ago. In cases like mine the severity of the situation can overpower the efficacity of the drug. Am on 30 mg now but did great all that time on 50 mg. Now isn't the right time to come off it.

Can't remember having any noteworthy side effects either

Akb

Barnabas75
21-05-17, 21:39
Well its early days and I have had no side effects either. I am on 60mgs. This is the fifth med I have been on in as many months. The others all had side effects. It makes me wonder if there are no side effects if its working.. Maybe it needs more time. I feel strangly calm which is unusual.

panic_down_under
21-05-17, 22:50
It makes me wonder if there are no side effects if its working..

There are probably no side-effects because you switched from clomipramine which affects much the same receptors and transporters as duloxetine.

Side-effects, or the lack thereof, is not a good guide to a med's likely effectiveness anyway. Despite the impression given by support groups such as NMP, most have few problems when starting antidepressants. It's the minority who do that come here.

Maybe it needs more time.

It may also be already working at near full effectiveness because of the previous meds.

Barnabas75
27-05-17, 21:15
Just a quick update. So I have been on Duloxitine for 1 week now. No anxiety or panic attacks. The only thing is a sort of flat numb feeling. No real joy or happiness. I guess that is the depression. Its early days so I am hoping that it will help with the depression soon. I have tried a few meds in the last few months and so far I feel most comfortable on this one. Surprisingly I have had hardly any side effects. A little tired but that is it. Sleep has been a bit better also. I guess that is it for now.

panic_down_under
28-05-17, 02:03
The only thing is a sort of flat numb feeling. No real joy or happiness. I guess that is the depression. Its early days so I am hoping that it will help with the depression soon.

An uptick in depression like symptoms such as feeling "flat" isn't unusual. Unfortunately, antidepressants often make things worse at the beginning. But they are usually short-lived, so hang in there, Greg.

Barnabas75
28-05-17, 20:43
Thanks Ian. I am hoping the flat feeling and tiredness will eventually pass. I am going to give this one a good go. Will stick with it for a good 10 weeks at least.

Barnabas75
02-06-17, 19:52
Week 2 ends today. The flat feeling and tiredness have passed. But now intense suicidal ideation and strong feelings have started. Not sure how much I will be able to take. Time will tell. More depressed than ever.

panic_down_under
02-06-17, 22:44
But now intense suicidal ideation and strong feelings have started. Not sure how much I will be able to take.

You need to tell your doctor about this asap, Greg, as there are ways of helping you through this. Please call him/her immediately!