PDA

View Full Version : Im sorry for askingn so many question just help

purplewitch
20-05-17, 11:54
Ok so yesterday I made a post about drinking water before a urine test,and the doctor saying my UTI was getting better because the blood was trace amount.
Was that because I drank water? I'm so scared its not getting better.

When I had my first urine test initally to check for a UTI the blood in my urine was 250 ery/ul (thats just the measurement for blood) and the one I had yesterday there was only 50 ery/ul.
could drinking water really make it go down that much. I drank only one and maybe a half cup in the waiting room. And when I urinated it didn't look like diluted it just looked like an yellow color..

I'm so scared its not getting better :(

KK77
20-05-17, 12:16
I doubt drinking even a lot of water would affect result significantly, so I would definitely agree that infection is going, especially if you have been taking antibiotics.

Gary A
20-05-17, 12:33
Sorry, but was the answers you got in your other thread not enough?

I explained to you that laboratories that test these things can account for any level of dilution by comparing the amounts of proteins in the urine to other markers. This makes the results accurate.

Please, if you're going to ask a question, try and not just dismiss the answers you receive.

bottleblond
20-05-17, 14:21
Gary

Can I ask, are you medically trained?.

Lisa

Fishmanpa
20-05-17, 15:35
I always thought drinking a lot of fluids is key to helping a UTI resolve (along with meds).

Positive thoughts

KK77
20-05-17, 21:44
Gary

Can I ask, are you medically trained?.

Lisa

I just saw a pig fly past :lac:

bottleblond
20-05-17, 22:08
You did?. Begging your pardon!. That was Horrace. He's escaped from the "Pork life" post!. Little rascal. :doh:

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Purplewitch

Never be sorry for asking. If you need reassurance then ask away. I was the exact same as you a few years back. People were so lovely to me on here and that was a massive part of my recovery.

You will get there too.

Lisa
:hugs: