PDA

View Full Version : Still having breathing problems :(

mrsgilby569
20-05-17, 18:58
Hello,

I would welcome any advice please. I have had a health scare a few months ago I have suffered with a bit of anxiety. I feel so much better in myself but the one thing that is still there and scaring me is I have restricted breathing. I can not breathe in fully when I lay down,I have to lay sideways I can not lay flat or on my front it feels really tight. I have been to the doc twice about this and both times they have said it is 100% anxiety with no help or advice (they did not test me or check anything). I have booked in with another doctor now but it is a 4 week wait so another 4 weeks of having to put up with worrying more. I do not have any pain when I breathe in only when I lay or put pressure on my chest. I have had this for months now and it does not seem to be going away. It's ruining my life and I feel so fed up :weep:.

Jo x

ankietyjoe
21-05-17, 12:02
The best thing to do is ignore it and stop thinking about it. I know it's not particularly helpful advice, but that's all you can do.

It's very common with anxiety. Mr Doctor simply told me 'I'm not concerned about it' without offering any other advice.

My own research has led me to the conclusion that most people with anxiety will suffer from some level of muscle tension (without even noticing it) and breathing is controlled by several muscle groups. When you are tense, so are those muscles.

Often, when I meditate I'll start off with the tension in my body, and after a couple of minutes I can take a deep breath all of a sudden.

Paying attention to it and focusing on it will only make it worse.

mrsgilby569
21-05-17, 19:42
Hello Joe,

Thank you. You must get fed up with saying the same thing to me lol. I have managed to feel better in myself. I no longer google my symptoms ;) .

I have seen the doctor I think if he had just listened to my breathing or checked I might have dealt with it. I think it is just where I am laid down it restricts it more and that scares me...

I have had this for a few months now. I will take your advice and try my hardest not think of it...This is all new to me and I am finding it hard to live with it constantly.

I wish I could meditate but I have two children who are with me all the time and my toddler never sleeps well.

Thank you so much for taking time to reply.

ankietyjoe
21-05-17, 20:27
I've got two kids too. One is 8 and the other is 2. I work from home.

If you want to meditate you'll find the time. :)

It's only a 10 minute exercise, usually just before bed for me.