PDA

View Full Version : Any Dog Owners Here!!

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 11:46
Hi All I know a couple of members have them but who else has a dog and what breed do you have? Thanks Cheers

jamiebythesea
21-05-17, 12:25
Had one for a while dave but couldn't always guarantee being able to walk her so my bro has her now for the time being. She's a german shepherd called Sheba. She used to take me for drag around the streets rather than me take her for a walk lol
Lovely dog, good company too.

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 13:12
Had one for a while dave but couldn't always guarantee being able to walk her so my bro has her now for the time being. She's a german shepherd called Sheba. She used to take me for drag around the streets rather than me take her for a walk lol
Lovely dog, good company too. I have a staffy bull terrier who is just over 9 years old. I do my best for her but some days I don't walk her enough sadly due to my depression:weep: She sounds nice though Jamie :) Do you still see her from time to time? How old now? Hey dogs are so reliable too you can always count on them, never let you down! Cheers

jamiebythesea
21-05-17, 13:35
Yeah brother brings her up now and then, we're not sure of her exact age as she was a rescue dog, but around 8 years old we we're told.
Got a parrot now, he's sitting on the coffee table shelling peanuts all over the carpet, not sure what he'll do when I get the dog back though, he likes all the attention he's getting too much to share it :D

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 13:43
Yeah brother brings her up now and then, we're not sure of her exact age as she was a rescue dog, but around 8 years old we we're told.
Got a parrot now, he's sitting on the coffee table shelling peanuts all over the carpet, not sure what he'll do when I get the dog back though, he likes all the attention he's getting too much to share it :D That's nice that you still see her :) and Kudos to you for rescuing her:yesyes: The parrot well only time will tell eh! Guess you will have share the time between the two of them :D Hope the dog doesn't start chasing it or trying to catch it :eek: What sort of parrot is it? I remember you posting a pic of it a while back :) Cheers

Barry boy
21-05-17, 13:48
I have a staffy bull terrier who is just over 9 years old. I do my best for her but some days I don't walk her enough sadly due to my depression:weep: She sounds nice though Jamie :) Do you still see her from time to time? How old now? Hey dogs are so reliable too you can always count on them, never let you down! Cheers

I had a staffy years ago. He was a lovely dog, great company aswell. He died aged 16, I was gutted when he went:weep: I was thinking of buying another dog recently, not a staff though.

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 13:57
I had a staffy years ago. He was a lovely dog, great company aswell. He died aged 16, I was gutted when he went:weep: I was thinking of buying another dog recently, not a staff though. They are a beautiful breed in many ways with out a doubt :) Sorry to the hear the loss of your dog, never easy is it. As with any breed there are pro's and con's but in the right hands staffs are amazing dogs :) Any reason why not another staff? Thanks for your reply Barry. Cheers

Barry boy
21-05-17, 14:36
Yep they are beautiful looking dogs staffs. Mine was pedigree kennel club registered. I wouldn't buy another one because staffs have to much energy, I use to take mine out for really long walks and he use to love it. It wouldn't be fair now because I haven't really got the time these days. A little dog would be OK I suppose, it's just a case of walking around the block.

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 14:57
Yep they are beautiful looking dogs staffs. Mine was pedigree kennel club registered. I wouldn't buy another one because staffs have to much energy, I use to take mine out for really long walks and he use to love it. It wouldn't be fair now because I haven't really got the time these days. A little dog would be OK I suppose, it's just a case of walking around the block. It's not just that They are beautiful inside to very loving,loyal but stubborn too so I have trained my staff to the hilt and have a really obedient dog because of it :) And yet the shelters are full of them which is very sad. Yeah I here you they can walk for miles and still have loads of energy left it's unreal ha ha. I haven't met a bad one only when very young or inexperienced ppl have them but most I can happily stroke them even if its my first time seeing one I always watch the body language in a dog before approaching it. Never been bitten either|! So what you plan to get next? Maybe a JRT nice and small too :) Cheers

Barry boy
21-05-17, 15:15
I don't really know what to get, I nearly bought one of those pug dogs until I saw the price:ohmy: I like boxer dogs, but they can grow quite big so not sure.
Yeah my staff had a nice temperament, we didn't train him at all. He grew up in a loving home so that kinda rubbed off on him. He was a crap guard dog though, if anyone came to visit he was the last to get up.

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 15:28
I don't really know what to get, I nearly bought one of those pug dogs until I saw the price:ohmy: I like boxer dogs, but they can grow quite big so not sure.
Yeah my staff had a nice temperament, we didn't train him at all. He grew up in a loving home so that kinda rubbed off on him. He was a crap guard dog though, if anyone came to visit he was the last to get up.
I know tell me about those prices :eek: Yeah boxers are all right but very hyper too ;) Training is so important I cant stress that enough put it this way my dog knows I am a pack leader I have used for years N.I.L.I.F that stands for Nothing In Life Is Free and is a kind and positive way to train glad I took this on board and also my dog knows more than sit too. A dog can learn 250 yes 250 verbal commands I was gob smacked when I heard that some years back. Have a look at www.dogbreeds.com (http://www.dogbreeds.com) for more info on any dog you may get in the future it will pay dividens for sure :) Cheers

Hollow
21-05-17, 15:30
I've been attacked by dogs twice luckily they didn't cause me much damage just minor bruises because i was running away and fell. I'm shit scared of dogs now and avoid them if I see one that looks threatening and not on a leash.

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 15:34
I've been attacked by dogs twice luckily they didn't cause me much damage just minor bruises because i was running away and fell. I'm shit scared of dogs now and avoid them if I see one that looks threatening and not on a leash.Iam sorry to hear this, there is never a bad dog only bad owners sadly. Dogs need and crave leadership I hope this fear will get better over time for you. If you met my dog you would be pleasantly surprised by her sweet gentle nature :) :hugs:

Barry boy
21-05-17, 15:35
Thank you very much for the link Bigboy:yesyes: The training sounds interesting, for sure I'll look into it, cheers mate:)

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 15:43
Thank you very much for the link Bigboy:yesyes: The training sounds interesting, for sure I'll look into it, cheers mate:) You are welcome Barry boy :) The link will has other links off it and wealth of info look for A-Z Breeds then search for breed you are interested in, for the N.I.L.I.F just Google nilif+dogs as typed here basically it means even toys etc aren't theirs till you say so or food even, we are the hunters now, they don't need to hunt for food so the pack leader that is you will provide the food. in docs I have seen in a typical wolf pack the Alpha will go and hunt bring the food back woe betide the cubs who decide to take a bite of the food first it's looks brutal but the pups learn respect from the leader. Like I say N.I.L.I.F is not harsh like the wolf world but it delivers the respect between man and dog :) Good luck Cheers

Buster70
21-05-17, 21:29
Two staffs , lost my once in a life time dog last year in awful circumstances we looked after each other for 11 years through thick and thin when I was at my lowest and could barely leave the house he kept me going out , the vets f&@ked up the end of his life and I had to lay with him at home while he took his last breath which broke my heart it also hit my other dog hard and she wouldn't go out I literally had to drag her , said I could never go through it again but she needed company so we have two again , they've all been unwanted dogs so they only ever cost us jabs and chip bills , I won't lie the first year or two are hard work but then you end up with a great companion that won't judge you and will never let you down intentionally like people , staffs were never my first choice but once one found me by chance I realised what great dogs they are , ps got chased through a scrap yard by an Alsatian and bitten , sent me to hospital but didn't put me off dogs , take care chap .:)

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 21:44
Two staffs , lost my once in a life time dog last year in awful circumstances we looked after each other for 11 years through thick and thin when I was at my lowest and could barely leave the house he kept me going out , the vets f&@ked up the end of his life and I had to lay with him at home while he took his last breath which broke my heart it also hit my other dog hard and she wouldn't go out I literally had to drag her , said I could never go through it again but she needed company so we have two again , they've all been unwanted dogs so they only ever cost us jabs and chip bills , I won't lie the first year or two are hard work but then you end up with a great companion that won't judge you and will never let you down intentionally like people , staffs were never my first choice but once one found me by chance I realised what great dogs they are , ps got chased through a scrap yard by an Alsatian and bitten , sent me to hospital but didn't put me off dogs , take care chap .:) That's a sad story so sorry to hear this and yes it will affect the other dog as it's part of the pack And kudos to you for rescuing:yesyes: Yes cool breed but can be hard work glad that's behind you now and don't think you could get a better breed :) Glad that dog attack didn't put you off dogs Yes I will and you take care too Buster Cheers

.Poppy.
22-05-17, 18:10
I'm living at home right now and we've got five dogs here :)

We have one family dog: an Australian Shepherd, Lexy.
My parents have to dogs: both Australian Shepherds, Nellie and Raleigh.
I have two dogs: a terrier mix and a working Cocker, Sophie (Skip) and Chisum.

I will move in August and when I do, my terrier mix will be coming with me. Unfortunately my Cocker will have to stay behind as he is fearful of strangers and very reactive.

I also have an awesome orange tabby cat named Friday. :)

Barry boy
22-05-17, 19:17
You know, I don't think it can be underestimated positive health benefits of owning dogs. My dog was a really happy dog with lots of positive buzzing energy. Owning animals can be a good idea for people with problems like anxiety and depression.
That's if you can afford to own them of course, they can be expensive to own with vet bills etc.

Bigboyuk
22-05-17, 20:36
I'm living at home right now and we've got five dogs here :)

We have one family dog: an Australian Shepherd, Lexy.
My parents have to dogs: both Australian Shepherds, Nellie and Raleigh.
I have two dogs: a terrier mix and a working Cocker, Sophie (Skip) and Chisum.

I will move in August and when I do, my terrier mix will be coming with me. Unfortunately my Cocker will have to stay behind as he is fearful of strangers and very reactive.

I also have an awesome orange tabby cat named Friday. :) Hi Poppy yes I remember your reactive dog from previous threads, still not sorted yet? Think you need to keep trying and don't give up :) How old now? Hey that's quite a crew you have at home :) How does all those dogs get on with your cat? Take care cheers

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

You know, I don't think it can be underestimated positive health benefits of owning dogs. My dog was a really happy dog with lots of positive buzzing energy. Owning animals can be a good idea for people with problems like anxiety and depression.
That's if you can afford to own them of course, they can be expensive to own with vet bills etc. Yeah it's right so I did take my dog out for the longest walk this year :eek: that smilie is only because I should have done this months ago and not leave it that long. Nice walk spoke to one dog owner who was talking some one else's dog for walk very friendly and it seemed to have some training which is always nice to see, very submissive though it came over to me and rolled over on it's side for a belly rub so :shades: Yeah they certainly can help with depression and no nasty side effects like you get with some meds.

It's bit warm for a coal fire tonight but my dog loves them as do I and she will happily lie in front of all night too ;) Cheers

Barry boy
22-05-17, 21:25
Hey that's good news Bigboy. You can't beat a long walk for exercise. I've always used exercise to help with my depression, but all that running does harm to your joints in the long run. Walkings great exercise anytime of the year:yesyes:

.Poppy.
22-05-17, 22:19
Eh, Bigboy, I don't know that he'll ever be rock-solid. He's due to up his dosage of Paxil in a week or so and the Clonidine does seem to be helping some. He really is such a good boy, though. He tries :)

My cat is actually very dog savvy, so he does just fine. Cats seem to be big targets for some of our dogs when they run away, but thankfully Friday is pretty sedentary so he's not very interesting to them.

Bigboyuk
24-05-17, 10:25
i have one. They need to have good space and attention. otherwise they will sufferHi what breed have you got? Cheers

KeeKee
24-05-17, 10:42
I don't have a dog but love animals (I have 3 cats).
My brother and ex both have dogs, I love how they have their own personalities (as do my cats).

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-17, 14:34
Hi what breed have you got? Cheers

It's a spammer, Dave. Ten short, and often meaningless posts, then the eleventh is a link to a site.

Bigboyuk
24-05-17, 15:15
It's a spammer, Dave. Ten short, and often meaningless posts, then the eleventh is a link to a site. Hmm Yes did you click on the link? If that's the case why haven't they been removed? Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-17, 15:19
Yes, I have in checking they were what I thought. Then I reported them. We've had these film site spammers before, I've reported a few and they all got banned.

Sometimes Admin take a bit of time, they all work to my knowledge, and sometimes they've said the reports don't get through for technical reasons.

If they aren't gone tonight, I will report it again.

Bigboyuk
24-05-17, 15:26
Yes, I have in checking they were what I thought. Then I reported them. We've had these film site spammers before, I've reported a few and they all got banned.

Sometimes Admin take a bit of time, they all work to my knowledge, and sometimes they've said the reports don't get through for technical reasons.

If they aren't gone tonight, I will report it again. Yes thought it was a bit strange that they didn't say what breed they have? Well at least Admin know about it :) Cheers

Shazamataz
26-05-17, 08:09
I have two dogs and can honestly say they have saved my life. When my anxiety got out of control and mucking around with meds led me to a deep depression as well I was bordering on suicidal but I had to push through, particularly for my rescued girl who is very complex with many issues (turns out we are quite alike!).

My girl is coming up 6, collie/american bulldog x. My boy is a 2.5 year old Golden. I lost my elderly Golden late 2015 which was the final straw, I think, in making me really ill.

They get me out every day and because I'm not ready to work yet they are having a grand old time with 2 hour bush walks most days.

Here they are. Getting them both in the same photo and looking good is always a challenge, unfortunately.

Lola-Lee
26-05-17, 10:47
I would love another dog mine passed last year of old age,I have moved into a unit where no dogs or cats allowed so now I have a budgie.

KeeKee
26-05-17, 11:12
Lovely photos

Bigboyuk
26-05-17, 11:16
I have two dogs and can honestly say they have saved my life. When my anxiety got out of control and mucking around with meds led me to a deep depression as well I was bordering on suicidal but I had to push through, particularly for my rescued girl who is very complex with many issues (turns out we are quite alike!).

My girl is coming up 6, collie/american bulldog x. My boy is a 2.5 year old Golden. I lost my elderly Golden late 2015 which was the final straw, I think, in making me really ill.

They get me out every day and because I'm not ready to work yet they are having a grand old time with 2 hour bush walks most days.

Here they are. Getting them both in the same photo and looking good is always a challenge, unfortunately.

3050 Shazamataz Stunning pics of your dogs, and amazing scenery to die for :) They do save you and are always there for you, so none judgemental too and totally accept you for YOU :yesyes: Thanks for sharing Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

I would love another dog mine passed last year of old age,I have moved into a unit where no dogs or cats allowed so now I have a budgie. That sucks Lola-Lee still you have a pet, but it's not the same is it! Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
08-06-17, 06:04
Great photos, Shaz!

Sorry to hear you lost yours Lola-Lee :hugs::flowers: They are such a great comfort. I'm having a rough week and it helps to spend some time fussing them & snuggling up. Never had a budgie but we've has canaries, love birds and parakeets. The love birds are very noisy, especially when mating. It's nice to have a pet though, something to remind us to stay grounded.

Bigboyuk
08-06-17, 12:11
Yes they do make you feel wanted and loved unlike people in general who don't give a stuff about you, dogs don't judge you and always love you for who you are :) Cheers

mezzaninedoor
24-08-17, 15:07
anybody know what the best insurance deal/system is for Dogs in the UK?
ideally I want a monthly payment that includes all vax and worming etc tablets for the year

mezzaninedoor
18-12-17, 17:16
We have just got a Cocker Spaniel and shes a riot, the unconditional love is pretty good too, she also gets me out for walks twice a day which is helpful

Phill2
19-12-17, 05:47
I have a 14 month old German Shepherd and an 11 yr old Bull Arab x Bull Terrier.
I've always had dogs.
Great companions.

Lola-Lee
31-12-17, 03:44
Hey Phill my lease is up and looking at a small house in Mackay on Wednesday,the real estate said I can have a dog :yesyes:. There is a long haired German Shepherd up for adoption it is 3 months old I am thinking of that one or a Mini Foxie.:D

Phill2
31-12-17, 04:26
You'd better hurry up and grab that Shepherd or I will.
Great dogs.

Lola-Lee
31-12-17, 07:42
Oh Phill what a beautiful dog. I think I will get the Sheppard,do you think Sarge is a good name?.:hugs:

Phill2
31-12-17, 08:00
Good choice.
You have to be a bit firm to train em when they're young but they're very faithful and protective.
Mine's name is Turtle.
The lady that had the litter gave her that name cause when she was born she couldn't roll over and laid there on her back flailing her legs in the air like a turtle and we just kept it.
Her father was a long hair and her mother was a "rough hair" which is somewhere between a long and a short hair.
Sarge sounds great !!

Phill2
05-01-18, 20:10
Hi Lola
Just tried this to see if I could upload from my tablet and it looks like it worked.
This is my previous Shepherd Roxanne aka Roxie

Bigboyuk
05-01-18, 20:22
She is a beauty Phil, check your screen orientation mode is off as its side ways on lol but a great pic all the same ATB

Phill2
05-01-18, 23:04
Thanks mare.
I usually use my laptop but tried the t tablet cause Lolas having probs
This is my 18 month old

mezzaninedoor
10-01-18, 10:21
My cocker spaniel puppy Millie is really great.
Motivates me to exercise as I have to get out and walk twice a day.

Shes currently keen on a dirty protest or two when im working from home I will suddenly get a whiff behind me and find she has just sh1t on the kitchen floor or she will have wripped up the latest box of tissues !!! :)

Pollikin
10-01-18, 11:19
Hi all. I have 2 gorgeous chocolate Labrador girls ( sisters) called Polly and Lola. They’re nearly 7 now and two more loving and friendly girls you couldn’t hope to meet. Oh, and they’re great to talk to when you’re worried too

Buster70
10-01-18, 23:06
Seems like Aussie dogs are just like ours but cleaner , guess that's difference between walking in dust or mud :D

.Poppy.
12-01-18, 21:01

Shes currently keen on a dirty protest or two when im working from home I will suddenly get a whiff behind me and find she has just sh1t on the kitchen floor or she will have wripped up the latest box of tissues !!! :)

Do you have a show type or working type?

I have a Cocker too - he's a field bred Cocker (so, working type) and I absolutely adore him even though he's quite a bit of work. He was a rescue so has a lot of behavioral struggles - particularly fear/anxiety.

I love working Cockers, I've already decided my next pup will be one from a breeder (hopefully with a little less crazy).

Bigboyuk
12-01-18, 21:07

Shes currently keen on a dirty protest or two when im working from home I will suddenly get a whiff behind me and find she has just sh1t on the kitchen floor or she will have wripped up the latest box of tissues !!! :) How old is Millie? When they are puppies the need to relieve them selves quite often training is so important even down to ripping up a box of tissues :) ATB

Clydesdale Epona
13-01-18, 16:12
I now have 3 Labradors with my partner,

The oldest is Truffle she's 10 and a dark brown, Dyson is 7 He's ginger and has been a bit mopey and passive since we got him done (bless him) :roflmao:
And then there's Maisy the youngest, she's just turned 1 on new years eve.

Truffle and Dyson are very well behaved but of course Maisy is a hand full haha need to get onto training her soon, her biggest issue is chewing, the skirtingboards, the walls, the doors, you name it she'll chew it haha x

Bigboyuk
13-01-18, 16:22
I now have 3 Labradors with my partner,

The oldest is Truffle she's 10 and a dark brown, Dyson is 7 He's ginger and has been a bit mopey and passive since we got him done (bless him) :roflmao:
And then there's Maisy the youngest, she's just turned 1 on new years eve.

Truffle and Dyson are very well behaved but of course Maisy is a hand full haha need to get onto training her soon, her biggest issue is chewing, the skirtingboards, the walls, the doors, you name it she'll chew it haha x My Staffy was the same you could try redirection techniques where you have tasty treat ready and call her over get her sit and praise, praise and praise and offer the threat, keep doing that and the 'association ' will build in the dogs head and before you know it problem solved :) HTH ATB

WiredIncorrectly
20-01-18, 22:11
2 red staffies :) We rescued them. They're awesome well behaved loyal dogs.

EmmerLooeez
21-01-18, 11:32
I have a black and white jack russel X poodle. 😍

Carys
21-01-18, 11:47
Hiyer,

I have two border collies; one blue merle and one traditional black and white marking. Love them SOooo much !

GiovanniNL
23-01-18, 12:34
Yes! I have a little black poodle. He is so great and when I´m sad he always cheers me up. I can´t imagine a life without a dog.

Clydesdale Epona
23-01-18, 17:43
My Staffy was the same you could try redirection techniques where you have tasty treat ready and call her over get her sit and praise, praise and praise and off the threat, keep doing that and the 'association ' will build in the dogs head and before you know it problem solved :) HTH ATB

Yeah going to start trying that soon, might also invest in one of those dog treat toys that stimulates their mind because her chewing worsens alone and there is no such thing as indestructible chew toys with her haha x

Bigboyuk
23-01-18, 19:49
Yeah going to start trying that soon, might also invest in one of those dog treat toys that stimulates their mind because her chewing worsens alone and there is no such thing as indestructible chew toys with her haha xWell actually there is get a booma ball I have had mine over for years and its totally awesome and cant be damaged guaranteed :D Dog treat toys are also good for entertainment too :)ATB

mezzaninedoor
21-02-18, 08:42
I really am finding our Cocker Spaniel we got in October as a great part of my wellbeing, daily walks, daily cuddles .......... its all postive, well apart from the sh1t on the kitchen floor ;)

Recently were able to go for a walk with Millies mummy and siblings, was such fun on the beach with 6 Cockers in tow ......

Bigboyuk
21-02-18, 12:43
I really am finding our Cocker Spaniel we got in October as a great part of my wellbeing, daily walks, daily cuddles .......... its all postive, well apart from the sh1t on the kitchen floor ;)

Recently were able to go for a walk with Millies mummy and siblings, was such fun on the beach with 6 Cockers in tow ...... That's positive
:shades: but by now house training should be much easier or even complete! I personally have found most times it's down to owner error and not the dog :) ATB

mezzaninedoor
21-02-18, 14:08
Well im making errors because my 4/5 month old Puppy is stil peeing & pooing in the kitchen?
Problem is she does go and stand by the door I think but she doesnt bark to go out.
We let her out often as well & its not as bad as it was.

Bigboyuk
21-02-18, 14:20
The thing is she may not bark but just stand by the back door to be let out do you go out with her and make sure she goes for pee/poop? Never tell her off for going in the house and always praise to the hilt when she does go out side :) The tip Iam going to give you will also help reduce accidents too don't just wait for her to stand by the door to go out think ok she has had some water/food tell you what I am going to let her out side and see if she wants to go you may find she doesn't but at least you have given her the opportunity to go :) Give it try and get a routine going you will see a huge improvement for sure. Keep us updated on any progress too ATB

mezzaninedoor
21-02-18, 15:14
thanks ATB BBU buddy

Bigboyuk
21-02-18, 15:18
thanks ATB BBU buddy your welcome mate :) ATVB!!

BikerMatt
21-02-18, 15:33
I had a Briard called Jasper when growing up. He was a spectacular looking dog. He was the type of dog everybody stopped to ask about. My last dog was a long-legged brindle Staffy called Beau. My next dog will be a Boxer called Ralph.

Bigboyuk
21-02-18, 16:14
I had a Briard called Jasper when growing up. He was a spectacular looking dog. He was the type of dog everybody stopped to ask about. My last dog was a long-legged brindle Staffy called Beau. My next dog will be a Boxer called Ralph. Hi BikeMatt you seemed to have mapped out your dog breeds and names ready ;) love staff's they are a brilliant breed so when you get your Boxer called Ralph? I used to know a farmer years ago that breed them loopy as hell,but a good breed too ATB

BikerMatt
21-02-18, 17:09
Hi BikeMatt you seemed to have mapped out your dog breeds and names ready ;) love staff's they are a brilliant breed so when you get your Boxer called Ralph? I used to know a farmer years ago that breed them loopy as hell,but a good breed too ATB

Staff's are incredible dogs and it's annoying that people who know nothing about dogs label them! Yes want't a boxer as they are good with kids and very family orientated.

Phuzella
21-02-18, 17:15
My lovely collie cross died 2 years ago aged 16. I miss her every day :(. I'd like another dog now but can't because I work stupid zero hours contracts so never know when I'm working. It's so annoying

Bigboyuk
21-02-18, 19:02
Staff's are incredible dogs and it's annoying that people who know nothing about dogs label them! Yes want't a boxer as they are good with kids and very family orientated. Or get taken in by the press :eek: had mine since 8 weeks old now turned 10 years old. As you know some breeds did have their tails docked like JRT's and Boxers but its now against the law to have the tails docked so do try and get a Boxer that isn't docked they are about :) ATB

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

My lovely collie cross died 2 years ago aged 16. I miss her every day :(. I'd like another dog now but can't because I work stupid zero hours contracts so never know when I'm working. It's so annoying Aww sorry to hear this Phuzella hope fully you can get another one soon:) ATB

swgrl09
21-02-18, 19:32
My lovely collie cross died 2 years ago aged 16. I miss her every day :(. I'd like another dog now but can't because I work stupid zero hours contracts so never know when I'm working. It's so annoying

Aw, I'm so sorry. It is so hard to lose them. 16 is a lovely long life, but still so difficult.

BikerMatt
21-02-18, 19:33
Or get taken in by the press :eek: had mine since 8 weeks old now turned 10 years old. As you know some breeds did have their tails docked like JRT's and Boxers but its now against the law to have the tails docked so do try and get a Boxer that isn't docked they are about :) ATB

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Aww sorry to hear this Phuzella hope fully you can get another one soon:) ATB

Hi Mate, yes i'm aware ta. Would only go to a reputable breeder anyway.

swgrl09
21-02-18, 19:39
Hi Mate, yes i'm aware ta. Would only go to a reputable breeder anyway.

We have a boxer/beagle mix and she is the sweetest (albeit a bit stubborn) dog ever.

Noivous
21-02-18, 20:31
We have a boxer/beagle mix and she is the sweetest (albeit a bit stubborn) dog ever.

I suspect pretty soon that pooch won't seem quite as sweet...how's the soon to be mom doing? Btw...I have a new grandson one month old:yahoo:

Buster70
21-02-18, 21:26
Nice one on the grandson , got a three year old grandson myself first boy , two daughters one granddaughter I've been outnumbered for way too long , I know stuff about makeup and false nails no man should know , I have to go to my shed to man back up . :D

swgrl09
21-02-18, 21:26
I suspect pretty soon that pooch won't seem quite as sweet...how's the soon to be mom doing? Btw...I have a new grandson one month old:yahoo:

Congratulations!! That's so exciting :)

We're getting close ... any day now, under 2 weeks until due date. Pup is going to struggle with not getting as much attention. She already tries to push the cat out of my lap :roflmao:

BikerMatt
21-02-18, 22:01

Two nice natured dog's mixed =:yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
22-02-18, 01:57
Boxers are mad as box of frogs. Very friendly dogs.

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

Well im making errors because my 4/5 month old Puppy is stil peeing & pooing in the kitchen?
Problem is she does go and stand by the door I think but she doesnt bark to go out.
We let her out often as well & its not as bad as it was.

Glad to hear you are finding benefits to your mental health, Tony. A lot can be said for the benefits of having animals in your life. I think it makes you more compassionate as opposed to living a life of technology.

Our dog has never barked to go out. He would stand by the back door and eventually knock on it but that stopped many years ago too. Many a time he will sit by the door to the kitchen looking at us but with dogs being creatures of habit you get used to how long they need between trips and when it's likely they are asking you to go out.

Does she automatically do it all the time in the kitchen or is it occasionally? Our dog has had accidents when he couldn't wait.

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

We're getting close ... any day now, under 2 weeks until due date. Pup is going to struggle with not getting as much attention. She already tries to push the cat out of my lap :roflmao:

I have to confess to not keeping up to date with your thread and I can't believe how fast it has come!

Who's pushing the cat our of your lap? Baby or dog? :D

All the best for the upcoming event. :hugs: Dogs can be great with kids so I have my money on a doting pooch and a kid with a great new friend to grow up with. :yesyes: Maybe she lies with her head in your lap as she senses the baby? If so, that seems a great sign for how she will respond.

Noivous
22-02-18, 02:30

Thank you...haha...the poor kitty is going to be bottom of the rung...keep us posted.

Bigboyuk
22-02-18, 09:26
Hi Mate, yes i'm aware ta. Would only go to a reputable breeder anyway. Cool :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

We're getting close ... any day now, under 2 weeks until due date. Pup is going to struggle with not getting as much attention. She already tries to push the cat out of my lap :roflmao: How old is the pup now? Jealousy in a dog is not nice and even worse resource guarding is a no,no. How ever I am sure your pup will just be fine. Remember the new born is part of the pack when he/she arrives the dog how ever sweet it is must be bottom of the pack. So long as new boundaries are made when the baby is born :) ATB

mezzaninedoor
22-02-18, 12:00
my puppy dog Millie & my 3 year old cat Eric get on like a house on fire until Eric gets completely pi$$ed with Millie

generally though Eric is flat pawing Millie not scratching

lovely to watch

swgrl09
22-02-18, 12:36
Cool :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

How old is the pup now? Jealousy in a dog is not nice and even worse resource guarding is a no,no. How ever I am sure your pup will just be fine. Remember the new born is part of the pack when he/she arrives the dog how ever sweet it is must be bottom of the pack. So long as new boundaries are made when the baby is born :) ATB

Pup is about 3 years old, so not a pup anymore! She is very gentle at least. She just kind of annoys the cat out of my lap, but if the cat so much as raises a paw she runs away cowering. She hasn't figured out that she has 60 pounds of weight on the cat yet. I think she'll be good with the baby, as whenever kids are over she is great with them. She lets them crawl over her and poke her in the eyes/face and just sits there. I am more just picturing a lot more whining for attention lol

Bigboyuk
22-02-18, 13:04
Pup is about 3 years old, so not a pup anymore! She is very gentle at least. She just kind of annoys the cat out of my lap, but if the cat so much as raises a paw she runs away cowering. She hasn't figured out that she has 60 pounds of weight on the cat yet. I think she'll be good with the baby, as whenever kids are over she is great with them. She lets them crawl over her and poke her in the eyes/face and just sits there. I am more just picturing a lot more whining for attention lol Aww that's nice was really just pointing out that it could become a issue, sounds pretty funny with the cat though. On another note while she is tolerant of being poked in the eye's and the face by other kids who come over I would certainly nip that in the bud how old are these kids? I a member of a dogforum which over the years have helped me so much I still visit now and then to say hello to everyone. Any way a few years back a lady had posted about her staffy bull terrier (very tolerant breed) the title was Thinking of putting our dog down. I was straight on it. It turned out their child was pulling at it ears (period) and it air snapped to warn the child so that was the trigger any way she ummed and arrred and said I thought they were a tolerant breed I said back yes they are but would you like your ears pulled?? She never replied back and who knows if the dog was put down.

The eyes in any animal are very delicate I am not having a go just pointing it out :) Crawling over her is one thing poking her eyes/face isn't really much fun if the kids are old enough to be told to respect the dog then great, if not remove the offending child. If the ears on the dog are not hung normally and pointing back wards even a bit and the tail is very low or tucked between the back legs then this is a bad sign. ATB

swgrl09
22-02-18, 21:33
Aww that's nice was really just pointing out that it could become a issue, sounds pretty funny with the cat though. On another note while she is tolerant of being poked in the eye's and the face by other kids who come over I would certainly nip that in the bud how old are these kids? I a member of a dogforum which over the years have helped me so much I still visit now and then to say hello to everyone. Any way a few years back a lady had posted about her staffy bull terrier (very tolerant breed) the title was Thinking of putting our dog down. I was straight on it. It turned out their child was pulling at it ears (period) and it air snapped to warn the child so that was the trigger any way she ummed and arrred and said I thought they were a tolerant breed I said back yes they are but would you like your ears pulled?? She never replied back and who knows if the dog was put down.

The eyes in any animal are very delicate I am not having a go just pointing it out :) Crawling over her is one thing poking her eyes/face isn't really much fun if the kids are old enough to be told to respect the dog then great, if not remove the offending child. If the ears on the dog are not hung normally and pointing back wards even a bit and the tail is very low or tucked between the back legs then this is a bad sign. ATB

Oh I definitely understand where you are coming from. Luckily those kids are not over very often and they were told to stop by their parents. I was just pleased that she was so calm about it. She is with my nephews a lot and they are very good with her and gentle. Thanks for the helpful tips :) It's important to look out for.

Bigboyuk
22-02-18, 23:31
Oh I definitely understand where you are coming from. Luckily those kids are not over very often and they were told to stop by their parents. I was just pleased that she was so calm about it. She is with my nephews a lot and they are very good with her and gentle. Thanks for the helpful tips :) It's important to look out for. You are more than welcome :) Think when they call again they seem old enough to understand from what you say. Its your dog, your house you make the rules ;) they can lie with the dog stroke her, hug her that's fine even play with her soon as they try to poke her, then that's it game over, yes sounds like she is well socialised around other people which is so good she sounds a beautiful dog:hugs:ATB

Lola-Lee
23-02-18, 00:14
:roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
23-02-18, 01:50

Lola-Lee
23-02-18, 04:25
I love this one:D

MyNameIsTerry
23-02-18, 09:17
^ turtle-heading :winks:

Bigboyuk
23-02-18, 11:23
Absolutely priceless that last one:) The relationship between 2 totally different species is truly amazing Cheers and That sausage dog after eating the jumbo sausage well ha ha
:D ATB

mezzaninedoor
23-02-18, 13:49