PDA

View Full Version : different kind of anxiety

dmc1892
21-05-17, 11:49
yesterday afternoon i got my first bit of anxiety for quite a while but after the initial butterflies in the stomach instead of feeling panicky etc I started to feel irritable and quite frustrated by stupi dlittle things and i felt i couldnt think straight by the time i went to bed i could not sleep and i was getting very annoyed , which is very unliek me as without the anxiety i'm really calm and easy going.

so what im asking is , is this normal how i felt last night?

p.s feeling totally fine today

ana
21-05-17, 11:57
Everyone gets annoyed and feels on edge from time to time, I think. Irritability is, however, very common with anxiety. I experience it a lot myself, too.

dmc1892
21-05-17, 12:02
thanks for the reply, ye i guessed it would be normal for others but i'm just nto usually angry/irriated even when i have been anxious , i started to worry i could feel like this more often which i don't want because im naturally a laid back guy

ana
21-05-17, 20:44
I've never been as irritable as when I'm highly anxious. It's disappointing, really, as much like you, I don't like to be perceived as, nor do I see myself as, a salty bugger. :winks: On a serious note, though, I understand what you mean and I know how you feel. Perhaps trying to do something relaxing on a daily basis might help as well as doing physical activity. Exercising helps make me feel happier and it burns off excessive energy.