PDA

View Full Version : Small reddish brown dotted areas on feet.

Deepseathree
21-05-17, 11:53
To start I've set up at my first antique show this weekend. I'm a 28 y/o male in good shape I'd say. The show is large and it's all concrete and gravel ground. I've spent every day on my feet and walking in flat shoes with no sole support to them. Just last night I noticed my knees and ankles and feet were a little swollen and that my feet had small "splotches" scattered around that resemble small red and brown dots. The areas aren't any larger than a penny and they are spread around my foot. I was attributing it to being on my feet on the hard ground in the terrible shoes for so long. But when I went to search(I know, bad idea) I came across a thing about blood clots so I stopped searching before I fell into a black hole. Am I correct in thinking that's from overuse and swelling? Anyone else experienced it?

EKB
21-05-17, 12:35
You are probably right. And good for you for backing away from that black hole!

My therapist and I talk a lot about the waiting and seeing approach. So looking at your feet saying "Hm, I haven't had that before. But I was on a hard floor for hours and in terrible shoes. I'll give it a day or two, be kind to my feet, and see if things improve." And that's usually what happens, the thing goes away or gets better. But in the moment it feels more sinister.

Have you tried meditation to stop your mind from churning? I find it helps a bit.