PDA

View Full Version : Hit in the neck with a soft rubbery ball

SamB14
21-05-17, 20:11
Hi

Today i was having a game of catch with my gf and she threw the ball a little high and it ended up hitting in the neck. I carried on as usual and then my stuPid mind started to wonder as i remember that cricket player being killed by getting hit in the neck by a ball. Even though i know this was absolutely nothing compared to that my health anxiety still kicked in. I wouldn't say it hurt but it was a little uncomfortable.

Anyone with a similar experience.

axolotl
21-05-17, 20:18
Hi

Today i was having a game of catch with my gf and she threw the ball a little high and it ended up hitting in the neck. I carried on as usual and then my stuPid mind started to wonder as i remember that cricket player being killed by getting hit in the neck by a ball. Even though i know this was absolutely nothing compared to that my health anxiety still kicked in. I wouldn't say it hurt but it was a little uncomfortable.

Anyone with a similar experience.

Purely anxiety whispering irrationality into your ear here - cricket balls are very hard things, and think of the number of people playing cricket every day nd getting whacked with balls who don't die? One cricketer dying from that is a freak accident. So hit in the neck with a soft rubbery ball...?! You're fine.