PDA

View Full Version : What next?

animal-mad-nikk
05-05-07, 21:24
Hi,
I really need to know what to do next, I forced myself to go to the doctors just over a week ago about the way I feel. I told him everything about the self-harm , eating disorders and suicidal thoughts and showed where I cut and all, so he was going to refer me to the community mental health team. I waited to here from them and finally did today but it wasn't what I wanted to here. They said that the don't feel I have a mental health problem or need to see or have a CPN. The letter said that my needs don't meet the meeting that they acquire for a CPN.
I'm too scared to back to the doctors as I don't feel there ever will be away forward for me.
This is even more for me to blame myself for. I feel less unwanted by people as no-one believes me about things. I've had so much disbelief and it feels that no-one wants me to feel\get better.
I wish I’d never opened up in the first place and now its all my fault that things have led to this, I want to re-wind time and not say what's happened or talk about anything. I feel so alone and want to be alone and shut myself out of the world.

What should I do?

Nikk XxxX

Jimbo
05-05-07, 21:31
Sorry to hear this, sounds like you definately need some more support. :hugs:

I would go back to your GP and ask for more hwlp, a good start is seeing a counssellor. Your GP should be able to refer you to see someone directly without going through the mental health team.

Keep fighting, things will get better. :hugs:

Jim

Breatheon
05-05-07, 21:47
Sorry to hear about this too... I would agree that you should go back to the GP and ask about seeing a counsellor.

There are also a number of anxiety websites and helplines as well as this website where you can always find help and support.

Take care and never ever blame yourself or think that anything is your fault.

Southern_Belle
05-05-07, 22:15
Hi Nikk,

I agree with what the others have said. Sometimes we have to fight for the medical care we want. We are our greatest advocate for obtaining the medical care we receive and you need to not give up so quickly. You do indeed definately require further treatment and you know this so keep trying. You are worth it. :yesyes:

:hugs: to you,

Laura

sarah1984
07-05-07, 13:28
Hi Nikk-sounds as if you are definitely in need of support here. Please do not be put off by that letter refusing you the support of a CPN-the mental health services in this country are seriously over-subscribed and under-funded, so sometimes you have to keep on pushing until you get the help you need. It may be that the CPN couldn't offer you the kind of support you need, but there are many other sources like counsellors who may have more experience in dealing with self-harm and eating disorders. Go back to the doctor and ask for further help. Is there a crisis team facility in your area who provide home visits/phone calls? They may not be trained nurses but they work closely with the psychiatric services and can offer a whole range of services. Never regret your decision to speak out-letting someone know you're suffering is the first step on the road to recovery.