PDA

View Full Version : azo test strip?

purplewitch
22-05-17, 18:37
posted this in female problems forums but figured i could post here as well:

So as you know I've had a UTI started symptoms last tuesday,and was put on Cipro for it for seven days.

so i went to the ER today because i was only peeing a little bit,felt fullness in the bladder kinda. doc took whatever urine i could give (it was a little amount) and said that i have no more infection,but perhaps maybe inflammation,told me to just drink fluids. does it matter how much you urinate? i'm guessing they just use test strips,because he didn't send for a culture or anything.

anyway,to my curiosity i bought some AZO test strips,and when i went on them the luekocytes are like two different colors? like positive and trace at the same time?? what does this mean

StephA
22-05-17, 19:12
What are you worried about?! You do not have an infection. You may have some inflammation. It's kind of like a cold. The infection clears but you can have sinus drainage and a cough for weeks after the infection clears. I'll tell you what I tell myself: Trust the doctor's!!!! When I used to have UTI worries I'd use those strips and think I had an infection, so I'd go to the doctor and they would test it in the office and it would be negative. They'd send it for culture too and it would show no growth, so MY doctor said throw the damn strips away and trust me! She was right!

purplewitch
23-05-17, 00:55
What are you worried about?! You do not have an infection. You may have some inflammation. It's kind of like a cold. The infection clears but you can have sinus drainage and a cough for weeks after the infection clears. I'll tell you what I tell myself: Trust the doctor's!!!! When I used to have UTI worries I'd use those strips and think I had an infection, so I'd go to the doctor and they would test it in the office and it would be negative. They'd send it for culture too and it would show no growth, so MY doctor said throw the damn strips away and trust me! She was right!

Does it matter even if I only urinated a little bit into the cup? Because it wasn't really a lot

Thanks for replying though :)

StephA
23-05-17, 01:00
Does it matter even if I only urinated a little bit into the cup? Because it wasn't really a lot

Thanks for replying though :)

No, they don't need much to test it and you're welcome!