PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dribble
06-05-07, 00:23
Hi all im 29 and until eight weeks ago didnt know anything about panic attacks to begin with i was treated for angina.

My doctor has just confirmed that i suffer panic attacks after six weeks of tests. I have been prescribed citalopram the problem is i was told i should go straight back to work six day week driving a bus. I keep reading about the side affects and the time it takes for the tablets to work and to be honest im having a real hard time bringing myself to taking the tablet.

Dave777
06-05-07, 07:33
Hi Dribble, I have been on citalopram, it took a week to kick in with no side effects. It's appears to be different for every individual.
Wise to be concerened if you are driving a Bus I think.

Dave:) x

groovygranny
06-05-07, 07:35
Hi dribble big :welcome:to you!!

I was also reluctant to take Citalopram, but after encouragement from a GP friend I did. Very rough for a few weeks but then - oh the relief!!

Everbody is different but I'd give them a go if I was you. Only my opinion though, and I was off work for 6mnths so may have to be different approach for you if you're going back to work. I'd see your GP again if you're not happy going back and taking the Citalopram.

Lots of help and support for you here!

:hugs:

honeybee3939
06-05-07, 09:40
Hi Dribble

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here:) , im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

manmoor
06-05-07, 13:33
Hi Dribble,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
06-05-07, 13:34
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

SANDYJANE
06-05-07, 14:42
hi and a big warm welcome

love sandy xxx

david
06-05-07, 15:05
Hi I havn't done the intorduce yourself bit but pleased to hear positive stuff about Citalopram as was prescribed it on Thursday last.

Have to be honest felt rough since then but understand they take a while to kick in so Dribble if you want a Citalopram buddy to go through it together I'm your man.

Good Luck and best wishes to all.

David

Southern_Belle
06-05-07, 15:16
Hi Dribble,

Welcome to NMP. You will find alot of information, support and make friends here. If you have any questions regarding trying the med and driving I would call your doctor.

Hugs,

Laura :)

Pink Princess
06-05-07, 20:41
hey, welcome to the site. you will geta lot of support and advice here and make good friends too. take kare and hope to talk soon xxxx

nomorepanic
08-05-07, 21:49
Hi Dribble

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.