PDA

View Full Version : Driving Anxiety

Laaur_xo
23-05-17, 12:53
Hi all,

Im 22 and recently brought a car to start learning to drive. For the first few weeks i was loving it and doing really well, but lately i've noticed I'm really worried about driving, sometimes when i drive i get a dizzy/swaying feeling like I'm going to one side and i start to freak out, which makes me scared that I'm not safe on the road. Ive also noticed that I'm not as eager to go out and practice or go on my lessons as i used too.

This is really saddening me, as i want to be able to drive but now I'm plagued with fears such as driving on my own once i pass and what if i feel dizzy in the car and can't find a suitable place to stop and i really really love my little car and on the good days i feel really good about driving. I also feel very rushed to start driving as a lot of people are saying to me i should be driving already.

How can i overcome this? I hate having anxiety, sometimes i wish i just felt okay.

Billyboy1019
23-05-17, 13:05
Unfortunately psychosomatic manifestations of anxiety are hard to overcome whilst needing 100% concentration driving. You could try and attempt breathing exercises whilst driving and if you still feel like your freaking out, then find a place to park up whilst you calm down.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk