PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics and Antidepressants?

Hila
06-05-07, 07:41
I am sorry if there is a similar thread already, I couldn't find it.
I know there are a lot of people here suffering from ectopics, like I do.

Is it possible not to feel them anymore when taking an antidepressant (ssri etc.) or to feel any calmer during the "attacks"? If so which AD do you take?
I used Insidon, which is a tricycle? ad (only availabe in Germany, Austria, Switzerland) but that didn't work. I still felt them and was still very very scared. Along came low blood pressure, I was tired all the time, had to eat chocolate all day long and became very depressed.:weep:
I stopped taking it 3 days ago and my doc gave me cipralex to try next.
Is there anyone on cipralex and suffering from ectopics? Do you think it has helped you? I am still hesitating to take it.

If it wasn't for my children, I don't know I just cannot cope anymore.

Thank you!
Hila

Phill2
07-05-07, 02:36
I'm on Cipralex (2 yrs now ) and it's been a god send.It takes 4-6 weeks to kick in but when it does you'll wonder what all the fuss was about in the first place.
Apparently everyone has ectopics.We just feel them cause we're more attuned to them.
Phill :yesyes:

Hila
07-05-07, 06:24
Thank you! So I should try the Cipralex then.

I know that everybody has ectopics but when I get them I forget about everything and just panic thinking my heart will stop..........:weep:

Hila

Phill2
07-05-07, 07:53
They've done me nothing but good.I started on 5mg for the first 2 weeks then went to 10mg.
The first couple of weeks may be a bit rough but my Dr gave me some diazepam to get through the initial stages.
Phill:shades:

Hila
07-05-07, 09:34
My Dr. told me to start on 5mg too. She gave me Tavor to help but I prefer Diazepam. At the moment I am feeling ok.
Do you take the Cipralex in the morning or evening? Nobody told me when to take it.

Thank you!

Phill2
07-05-07, 11:36
I take it in the morning as soon as I wake up
Phill :shades: