PDA

View Full Version : Heart beating slow and weak

Lon
24-05-17, 03:46
I'm kinda of scared... My heart has been beating kind of slow... I think 55 beats per min. I can tell its weaker because it feels like my heart isn't there. Can it have something to do with acid reflux? I don't know if it has anything to do with anxiety since it wasn't especially high when it started and it's been a couple of days (started right after some palps). I read that 40-60 is normal for young athletes, and while I am young (just 19 yo), I'm not exactly the athletic type. I do short jogs almost every day, but I don't actually jog long or far at all and I'm not trained... Considering seeing a doctor but I hate to waste his time. I know a lot of people with HA have acid reflux issues (mine crept up after a silly cancer scare last week). Trying to keep my cool here... Anyone here have similar experiences? :eek:

SheaKinley
24-05-17, 16:07
My heartbeat was down into the 40s once. I got it thoroughly checked out and everything was fine. However, I only got a thorough checkup because I was also experiencing other symptoms such as shortness of breath and palpitations. I think you're fine and I really wouldn't worry.

Kuatir
24-05-17, 16:10
You do short jogs almost everyday. 55bpm is fine. Seeing a doctor would definitely be a waste of time, based on what you've posted.