PDA

View Full Version : Really bad health anxiety

CalvinB
24-05-17, 14:01
It all started last summer when i had about a month of having bad back aches.. i wss convinced that i had a tumour in my spine but eventually that passed but then i noticed i had a pain in my coccyx and i convinced myself that I had a tumour behind my coccyx. Pretty much from last summer up until this day i have spent my life thinking that i have some form of life threatening disease. My doctor kept turning me away as he is thinking im being silly and probably rightly so.

About a week and a half ago i started feeling a bit fatigued along with brain fog and bad short term memory and it is getting me more and more worried because now I have convinced myself i have MS or a brain tumour.. please can someone help me put my mind at rest. I have spoke to my doctor and he put it down to anxiety and perscribed me 20mg prozac but i havent taken them yet as i am scared. Can brain fog be caused by anxiety??

I dont have any other symtpoms like slurred speech or bad balance or falling over... i just feel a little bit out of it, its a little harder to think and im having mild headahces fairly frequently but nothing severe. Im scared as all hell and dont know what to do.. i want to go back to my docotor but i dont want to waste his time and to look even more stupid

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Also id like to add that i feel constantly stressed about this, it is very rare that i go longer than a few hours without thinking about my health... Could this brain fog be caused by so much stress constantly being put onto my brain? I feel like my anxiety has been the worst it ever has been this past couple of weeks

SheaKinley
24-05-17, 16:04
It definitely sounds like your anxiety is getting the best of you. It can definitely cause many symptoms, including everything you listed! I know it's so hard to control the worry. Have you tried seeing a counselor? It would probably be really helpful! I would really emphasize seeing a counselor first before taking the prozac. I was prescribed something similar and never took it. Sometimes some good therapy is all you need.