PDA

View Full Version : How many weeks until i feel better

Ethansmom
24-05-17, 16:37
I am on 40MG of celexa (Friday will make 4 weeks on that dose). Could it be another couple weeks? Maybe 12 total. I feel slightly better, but still have my panicky/anxious moments.

snowghost57
24-05-17, 16:39
From what I understand is that medication can take a while before you start to feel better, each one of us is different. When I was on meds everyone told me to hang in there, the anxiety is part of it, medication is not an instant fix and will take time before you body and brain get used to it. If you have further concerns, I would talk to your doctor.

Ethansmom
24-05-17, 17:18
She said it could take up to 6 weeks. Some days are better than others, but I still have this daily low lying anxiety feeling and still take clonazepam as instructed. I'm just so disappointed that I cannot handle this on my own. I do remember last time I was on Prozac and it took 12 weeks to feel better, so maybe it's just working slow. I also need to practice self talk and not scare myself. I thought the medicine was supposed to help reduce your scary irrational thoughts? Is that not the case? It may be working a bit then. Sometimes I can talk back to my anxiety and calm down, and other times I just can't do it and need to take a Xanax.

milliemoo
28-05-17, 13:34
Hey there, I know how you feel at the moment 😥 I had such a good day yesterday but today not so good. I have been taking lofepranine now for 5 weeks, I just increased my dose and I'm not sure how I feel. My main issue is anxiety.

Fingers crossed the medication will kick in for us both soon. I've been told it can take anywhere between 3-12 weeks.

Duckbruck
28-05-17, 16:23
For my anxiety it started to work after 6 weeks at therapeutic dose... it takes some time.

Ethansmom
05-06-17, 20:32
I am having ups and downs with the medication the past week or so. It is around that time of the month (women's cycle), so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've had lots of stressful things going on. lots of parties, and not a lot of down time for myself. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.