PDA

View Full Version : How can this just be anxiety?

littleme92
24-05-17, 17:59
I'm really scared right now!

I have officially been signed off work sick for a week starting today. I was off sick last week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I went back on Monday and yesterday but I was struggling so much that I threw up this morning at the thought of going back in and struggling again.

My body feels weird, like I am fighting against a brick wall trying to stay up but it is so exhausting that it is making me physically vomit. I feel like my mind has two tracks and one is trying to focus on something and concentrate but the other is thinking about how my body feels. I keep going dizzy and have this pressure on the top of my head.

I feel like my legs have gone to jelly and when I am walking it is like they are moving to fast for the rest of my body. I also keep jumping for no reason at random moments and I keep feeling the need to do random things like run my tongue along my teeth or touch my face, I am worried that I am going to develop Tourettes.

I also feel like my insides are swimming and I can't keep them still so I am almost sick and sometimes I am sick.

I also feel like I have forgotten how to breathe sometimes and I feel like I have phlegm stuck in the back of my throat and it is stopping me from breathing.

My citalopram dose was increased from 20mg to 30mg a week ago so I am wondering if these are side effects.

I am scared that I am either going mad or that it is something more serious like a brain tumour. I used to be able to cope with anxiety but now I don't feel like I can anymore as it has never made me vomit before a week ago.

KBeans
02-06-17, 10:54
This really does sound like anxiety. I went through a horrendous time with work a couple of years ago. Every morning I would wake up really early with terrible panic and lay for hours listening to calming music/videos just freaking out, waiting to go to work. I'd feel so sick that i'd have to force myself to eat and cycling to work I was convinced i'd pass out on the way. Then, during the working day, i'd call my husband about 10 times as i'd keep having anxiety attacks!

I had to force myself to go to work as I would have lost my job but would have totally been signed off sick if it was possible as it was all agony.

In the end I went to the doctor and was put on 10mg Citalopram, this didn't do enough so they upped it to 20mg. I also went to see a counsellor and slowly, but surely, got better and better.

Maybe the medication isn't enough and you should consider some kind of talking therapy?

Sending love and strength x

kellykelly
02-06-17, 11:10
You have literally described how i have felt every day since around Christmas!
i constantly feel woozy and then panic that something isn't right, like you with my bran or my heart.

I have lost all my appetite and have to make myself eat through fear of dieing from that too!

I have been on cit for three weeks today and upped my dosage two weeks ago. I haven't had a day yet where i don't panic about something, or nothing to be more specific - i was on the phone to my mum the other night and started to have a panic attack for no reason whatsoever.

Its scary, i have never felt like this in my entire life and i cannot think of a reason why it has come on so suddenly.

But yes, i feel your pain, i really do.

Kuatir
02-06-17, 11:23
Changing your med dose can definitely heighten anxiety. You just gotta ride it out.