PDA

View Full Version : My story

lilire
24-05-17, 18:47
Hello
I am a 19 yo female.
My story with health anxiety begins 28/12/16, when I woke up with a "heavy felling" in both of my arms, and I said to myself... What if I have als?, with that simple thought it began... I didnt realize that that feelling could have been a result of me carrying heavy shopping bags the day before.
I began to google and to experience every symptom: muscular pain, buzzing, dificulty swallowing and the one that remains until today and the most annoying one: body wide twitches.
Damn these twitches, I wish I could be normal again! I want to carry on with my life but these twitches have me restless, I cant socialize because I am always thinking about them, I barely leave my house and I am beggining to think I am depressed.
I have tried everything to make them go away: hot baths, exercise, magnesium pills, valium but the only thing that seems to work a bit is getting distracted, which is absolutely really hard.
I just want to get on with my life...

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

And I know the chances of a 19 yo having als are barelly zero, but still I think I might be the exception...

Fishmanpa
24-05-17, 18:53
And I know the chances of a 19 yo having als are barelly zero, but still I think I might be the exception...

No you won't... not a chance ;) Read THIS. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071)

Positive thoughts

axolotl
24-05-17, 19:09
Twitching is a fictional early symptom of ALS made up by anxiety sufferers.

BazB44
25-05-17, 03:45
most people who get twitches may not even be getting twitches. It might be myokymia, which is different.....and supposedly harmless. Myokymia is usually in the eyelids and fingers I hear. It feels and sounds the same as a twitch, but isn't. I believe myokymia is more deep

lilire
25-05-17, 22:01
Thank you all for your answers.
I just want to know if any of you had the twitches and they actually went away?