PDA

View Full Version : Constant intense anxiety

Mattavfc
25-05-17, 16:49
Hi guys,

Over the last few days, I've gone from having panic attacks in certain situations e.g. lectures at uni, to a total mess, suffering with constant intense anxiety that won't go away. I really don't know how to deal with this and was wondering if anyone can offer any advice.

Thanks,

Matt

braindead
25-05-17, 17:29
lorazepam short term

snowghost57
25-05-17, 17:44
Challenge your thoughts! Are you being realistic about the situation? What are your feelings abut these thoughts? (self talk) Dispute these thoughts or beliefs. What is your UNREALISTIC thinking? What can you do to change the situation? Only you can answer these questions. A therapist can help you with this and medication if needed.

Mattavfc
25-05-17, 17:54
Challenge your thoughts! Are you being realistic about the situation? What are your feelings abut these thoughts? (self talk) Dispute these thoughts or beliefs. What is your UNREALISTIC thinking? What can you do to change the situation? Only you can answer these questions. A therapist can help you with this and medication if needed.

I try doing this but I just can't get out of the loop of bad thoughts. I'm not even anxious about anything in particular. I really have nothing to worry about, but my thoughts are telling me that i'm going to be sick, my stomach is churning, i'm weak and my head is foggy

snowghost57
25-05-17, 18:08
I try doing this but I just can't get out of the loop of bad thoughts. I'm not even anxious about anything in particular. I really have nothing to worry about, but my thoughts are telling me that i'm going to be sick, my stomach is churning, i'm weak and my head is foggy

What are the bad thoughts, (loop of bad thoughts)? What is telling you that you are going to be sick? Be specific.