PDA

View Full Version : Fluttering Heart, strange panic attack

oxoshannon
26-05-17, 01:58
Hi guys,

I'm currently having an awful panic attack. It's been going on for about 2 hours now. It feels like my heart is dropping, like i've got butterflies in my heart and my stomach. Is this normal?

I'm absolutely beside myself thinking it's a heart attack. I even woke my mum up in a panic asking her to call an ambulance, I'm calming down but the pain keeps coming and going.

My friend said "if you were having a heart attack your left side would be hurtin" - now it is, although my sensible head is telling me it's just my tense muscles all over my chest and back doing that.

Are these feelings normal? This is honestly the worst panic attack I've ever had and I do not even want to go to sleep right now in case I don't wake up :(

snowghost57
26-05-17, 02:02
You need to breath and calm your thoughts. If you continue to think you are having a heart attack and are afraid to go to sleep you won't. Read a book, look at threads on here, listen to some music anything to distract your thoughts. I wouldn't listen to your friend, how do they know a heart attack is on the left side?

roseanxiety
26-05-17, 02:02
You are probably having benign palpitations from adrenaline . Try to calm down by doing some deep breathing and really really concentrating on the breathing. It will help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowghost57
26-05-17, 02:05
TY nurse, I never knew the palpitations were from the adrenaline! Duh huh makes perfect sense.

oxoshannon
26-05-17, 02:09
You need to breath and calm your thoughts. If you continue to think you are having a heart attack and are afraid to go to sleep you won't. Read a book, look at threads on here, listen to some music anything to distract your thoughts. I wouldn't listen to your friend, how do they know a heart attack is on the left side?

Yeah I'm really trying to calm down and distract myself. The feeling in my chest is like a 'whoosing' feeling and kinda won't stop. My muscles everywhere are now in so much pain. What a night...

Thank you for your message x