PDA

View Full Version : Does clomipramine work for anxiety

Mugs
26-05-17, 02:57
Hi
I haven't been here for awhile but it doesn't mean I'm any better. My doc wants me to think about clomipramine for my awful anxiety.
Please tell me it might work, I'm at the end of my rope!

panic_down_under
26-05-17, 06:11
Hi
I haven't been here for awhile but it doesn't mean I'm any better. My doc wants me to think about clomipramine for my awful anxiety.
Please tell me it might work, I'm at the end of my rope!

Sorry to hear that, Margaret. :weep:

While there is no guarantee, there is a very good chance that clomipramine will work as it is arguably the most potent antidepressant on the market. It has proven especially useful for OCD which is the most treatment-resistant of the anxiety disorders.

Mugs
02-06-17, 01:49
Has anybody else had any success with using Clomipramine for anxiety.
I'm so scared, due to start first dose tomorrow.
Please.
Mugs

milliemoo
02-06-17, 08:38
Hi

I have just started Clomipramine 10mg per day. I'm on day 4 at the moment, the only side effect that's really bothering me is nausea. When I have taken SSRI's in the past my anxiety has increased massively at the beginning but these don't seem too bad. I have to increase my dose to 25 next week then go back to the GP in two weeks.

What dose have you been given?

panic_down_under
02-06-17, 12:29
the only side effect that's really bothering me is nausea

Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements will usually ease nausea.

Mugs
05-06-17, 05:17
Hi Milliemoo
I have been started on 25 mgs and to go up by 25 mgs per week until I reach 150 mgs.
I have been OK so far, dry mouth.
Are you taking it for anxiety?
I have had no luck with SSRIs or SNRIs.
I'm praying this will help me get my life back.
I hope they help you too.
Stay in touch please.
Thank you.
Mugs

akerswes
15-07-17, 14:38
---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Hi Milliemoo
I have been started on 25 mgs and to go up by 25 mgs per week until I reach 150 mgs.
I have been OK so far, dry mouth.
Are you taking it for anxiety?
I have had no luck with SSRIs or SNRIs.
I'm praying this will help me get my life back.
I hope they help you too.
Stay in touch please.
Thank you.
Mugs

Hi Mugs,

have you reached the dosage of 150 yet? I, too have had no luck until clomipramine. I am currently on 150mgs.

Carrera74
29-09-17, 15:31
Hello, sorry to hijack your thread but I have just been prescribed this med and I'm due to start it tonight. Well I was due to start it Monday but I've been putting it off. I was in tears last night sat with the packet on my lap. I just couldn't bring myself to start it. I'm terrified. Ridiculous I'm scared of everything, anxious as anything and panicking all the time. I've hardly left the house in the last 4 weeks yet I'm too scared to try something that just might help :(

akerswes
04-10-17, 14:06
Hello, sorry to hijack your thread but I have just been prescribed this med and I'm due to start it tonight. Well I was due to start it Monday but I've been putting it off. I was in tears last night sat with the packet on my lap. I just couldn't bring myself to start it. I'm terrified. Ridiculous I'm scared of everything, anxious as anything and panicking all the time. I've hardly left the house in the last 4 weeks yet I'm too scared to try something that just might help :(

Don't be scared, it just might work! It surely helps me!!

Carrera74
08-11-17, 18:20
Don't be scared, it just might work! It surely helps me!!

Im terrified 😐 still haven't plucked up the courage to take it and I think my kids and everyone close to me are totally fed up of me as they cant understand why i won't try something that might help. It could make me feel worse and part of me still thinks maybe i can beat this on my own but I've been struggling forever. The last 2 years since my last agoraphobia spell i have managed but not really lived. Maybe this scary pill could help. I wish i wasn't so afraid

purplepie
28-01-19, 19:29
Hi Carrera74
Could I ask if you ever started taking the clomipramine and how are you doing now. My GP has asked me to go up to 75mg for the next couple of weeks but I am scared of side effects which just adds to anxiety!