PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone's IBS type changed?

RadioGaGa
26-05-17, 10:13
Hi everyone

The brain tumour fear is on standby at the minute, so something else has arisen: my old bowel cancer fear.

Basically, I was never constipated. Then in 2011 I developed IBS-D which went on until roughly April 2016, when it seemed to changed to IBS-C. The urgent diarrhoea became rare, and my poop seemed to become thin and difficult to pass.

I've been to several different Doctors, who blew it off (surprise surprise) and when I went to a different GP he only agreed to refer me after I told him to refer me. That referral was 9 months ago!!! I phoned the hospital I've been referred to who told me a Consultant has reviewed my case and said its not urgent!?!

How can I have developed IBS-C?

Fybogel doesn't work as well as it used to. It seems my symptoms,however, come and go...so I'm not always constipated, but nothing like I used to be?!

valleybear
26-05-17, 21:35
Hi. My understanding of IBS is that it can change from one to another dominant type. I have suffered from IBS c for many years but when I am in a flare , I often have IBS d for days. I also understand that you can have the two types together.. By the way, your description of how your stools are is fairly typicsl of IBS. Hope this helps.