PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have ovarian cancer

oxoshannon
26-05-17, 13:42
I'm 21 years old and I have been bloated and had some odd pains in my stomach for a few weeks.

I've been to the doctors multiple times and they are saying its IBS or something like that and I'm still just terrified it's ovarian cancer.

I'm going to the doctors in an hour because I'm sending myself into the worst panic attacks ever and I am genuinely scared that this is it, I'm going to die.

Is this bloating, pain and feelings in my stomach IBS or something worse. Has anyone had these feelings before?

My entire body is in pain now from the stress and I just don't want to die and this is my biggest fear

Librella
26-05-17, 22:03
Ovarian cancer is one of my fears since my mother passed away from that, I also have indigestion and bloating constantly so I have done some research on this. First of all indigestion is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety and it can be chronic. IBS and GERD are also very common, and IBS usually starts when you're in late teens or early twenties. Also, you usually don't have symptoms with ovarian cancer until late stage and then it progresses quickly, so if this has been going on for a few weeks with no changes I don't think it's cancer.