PDA

View Full Version : Switched over to Parkinson's - Internal tremors upon waking

Mango2
27-05-17, 08:12
2 months now of MS-fears and the "boogeyman" of fear has now adapted to the fact that I have accepted that I don't have MS, as my symptoms are not characteristic of the disease.
Now my new fear is Parkinson's disease..
Mild Parethesia in hands and feet and today once again I awoke with that weird "internal tremor" that I've had for the past year.
The only time I feel the tremors is whenever I wake up either from a nap, or in the morning. Happens a couple of times a month.

Being an individual, lika most of us on this board, that wants control in my life and to solve every single problem that should arise, I googled in usual fashion.
Of course I have now convinced myself that I have Parkinson's or at least the early symptoms of it.
Statistically I'm too young for PD (40 yrs), but Michael J Fox is proof that there's something called Early Onset Parkinson's.
Stumbled onto a PD forum, where the sufferers there shared stories of "The docs all thought I had anxiety, turned out that it was PD! I went 10 yrs before being taken seriously" :weep:

I think one can get just about any answer from Google. As an experiment I googled "Toenail + Parkinson's" sure enough I found one hit "Fungal infection under toe related to Parkinson's?" It's absurd..

I know I shouldn't google, but honestly, I simple just can't help it. I just really want to solve why I feel the way I do. And of course reassurance is my "fix".

By the way, does anybody know what causes internal tremors, if it's related to anxiety? Seen quite a few threads about it on here, so it seems to be quite a common symptom of anxiety (and Parkinson's apparently).

.Poppy.
28-05-17, 02:48
It is a symptom of anxiety. Check out this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=199230

I get this way after a panic attack, and after naps. I think the nap connection is because I don't hit REM sleep and it messes with me mentally - if anxiety is effecting your sleep, that could be a connection for you too.