PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do this?

lily1
27-05-17, 18:50
Is this part of the usual HA path?

I'm just trying to get a picture of my problems to present to a mental health person.

Having something done like a vaccination or a operation then researching on google all the risks, or possible health risks of what they've used to treat you or what's in the vaccinations or fillings for teeth etc etc.

Then panicking, your going to get something from these.

It's a never ending circle for me at the moment, one thing after the other. I want to stop googling and worrying now over everything.

What helped you overcome this?

Melonpony
27-05-17, 22:11
Yes, I do it and it is definitely part of HA. I really think the internet contributed to my HA bc of news articles, being bombarded by emails and FB posts by people like Dr Mercola etc. I'm so done with the fear based health articles.

Anyway, yes, researching is a big part of it. It's a rabbit hole. That's why I ONLY research symptoms by adding "nomorepanic" at the end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

neuroticcat
27-05-17, 23:12
Constantly googling symptoms/possible health risks will make you more anxious. It's a vicicious cycle. You worry about something then you Google it, then you worry even more.
I am guilty of that do. At some point was doing it for 8(eight)!!! hour a day and I was crippled by anxiety.
I remember having HA years ago but it wasn't as severe as this time because I didn't have a smartphone so I couldn't Google symptoms unless I was home. Now I do I in the bus, while waiting in line at the supermarket, when I get a break at work... All this googling it's really ruining my life. I know I have to stop but sometimes I just can't...

Melonpony
27-05-17, 23:20
Constantly googling symptoms/possible health risks will make you more anxious. It's a vicicious cycle. You worry about something then you Google it, then you worry even more.
I am guilty of that do. At some point was doing it for 8(eight)!!! hour a day and I was crippled by anxiety.
I remember having HA years ago but it wasn't as severe as this time because I didn't have a smartphone so I couldn't Google symptoms unless I was home. Now I do I in the bus, while waiting in line at the supermarket, when I get a break at work... All this googling it's really ruining my life. I know I have to stop but sometimes I just can't...
I think the smartphone googling caused my HA to become diagnosable levels of anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lily1
28-05-17, 00:39
Having access the the Internet has definitely made me worse as you can type in anything!

I too could be googling for hours, one thing leads to another dread it seems you can't find anything reassuring just more bad news!

It is a rabbit hole of panic.