PDA

View Full Version : I found a scorpion in my bathroom

mdel
28-05-17, 06:41
This is not the first time I found one, but this is weird. It's almost winter in Argentina (where I live) it has no sense.
I'm veeery worried because the kind of scorpions that are in my region are very poisonous (they are called Titius Trivittatus), and I remember the last time I found one was under my bed mattress and I screamed a lot and yelled to my mom to kill it (btw I'm a 23 years old man xD). The thing is every time I find a scorpion I get shocked for 1 or 2 weeks and have problems to sleep thinking that scorpions are hidden somewhere.
It's known that this kind of scorpions killed some kids and old people, and I'm afraid someone from my family (even my brother who's 15, or my parents, or any of my 4 cats or me) could suffer a scorpion bite.
Is it likely to happen? My father got bited about 5 times already in his whole life but he probably developed some kind of immunity. He's strong, but I'm a very skinny guy, probably my immune system is not enough to hold a bite.

What do you think?

thismightbezach
28-05-17, 08:34
You need to buy some insect repellent spray or call an exterminator. :ohmy:

There is antivenom for even the deadliest type of scorpion stings. The only way a person (usually children and the elderly) is going to die from a scorpion sting is if they sit and wait too long to get a shot of antivenom. Scorpions, like most other arachnids are afraid of humans. If you are ever stung by one, put some ice on it and head to the hospital. They'll give you a shot and you'll be fine. :yesyes: