PDA

View Full Version : One Eye Bigger Than The Other

NervousNellie81
28-05-17, 08:10
Hey Guys:

I am new to this forum and wanted to share something that I have been anxious over. Over the last year I have become completely obsessed with my overall health. I have been working out and losing weight recently and am starting to notice things about my body from head to toe. Most importantly, I've noticed that my right eye seems to stick out or protrude a "slightly" more than the other. I have been dealing with a sinus/throat and upper respiratory infection for the last 5 months and this includes a right sided ear infection. Can this "bulging" be due to these issues I've been dealing with? I have seen my Primary MD and mentioned this to her and she took a look at my eyes from the side and states that they stick out just the same amount. I figured she was right since she's the doctor. But of course, the health anxiety has gotten the best of me and I swear I have a tumor growing behind my right eye or that I have one sided Grave's disease. The rational side of me, believes that this is just simple asymmetry. But the fearful and anxious part of me is scared to death of the worst case scenario. Care to share your thoughts? My poor husband is sick of my asking him every other day seeking our reassurance...

Fishmanpa
28-05-17, 14:32
There's been a lot of "asymmetry" posts recently. What's up with that? It's normal... do you hear me? N.O.R.M.A.L.

Positive thoughts

NervousNellie81
28-05-17, 15:23
Asymmetry as in it's okay for one eye to be a little more forward than the other? I understand if one looks bigger than the other, but to be sticking out a tad more? It's not noticeable unless I make my eyes bug out or point it out to someone... LOL. BTW, I work in the medical profession and that doesn't make my health anxiety any better... :ohmy: