PDA

View Full Version : Heavy aching legs

maianixon
28-05-17, 08:25
My latest anxiety started out with burning pins and needles and then within a week progressed into really aching legs (and sometimes arms but legs are much worse). When I wake up in the morning my legs feel extremely heavy as if I won't be able to move them (but obvs I always do). I have a constant on-off feeling of idk how to explain air bubble in my leg joints (so knee&ankle) its sort of a funny non painful dull ache kinda feels as if there was pressure there. While I can move my legs normally I sometimes find moving makes the feeling worse. Also often during the night when I try to lie on my back & strenghten my legs I get pain behind my knee as if my leg wasn't flexible enough. At times (usually in the evenings) when I'm standing up I feel as my muscles are super fatigued and weak and barely keep me up and they also ache (so basically i feel like an old person i guess). I still get pins and needles sometimes & burning palms but that's not as noticable anymore. My doctor said about pins&needles its just anxiety, didn't pay much attention to my aching legs said "maybe its sore muscles from exercise" (which it really isnt because it feels completely different also I didn't exercise lol). Anyway I'm trying to acknowledge this as just anxiety but the fact my legs feel funny & weak freaks me out, I know anxiety can cause a lot of muscle related symptoms, but I was wondering if anyone ever experienced something similar? I'm terrified I could have some sort of a nerve desease and just woke up one day unable to walk lol.

maianixon
28-05-17, 15:31
anyone? also i started getting random cold sensations out of nothing on my feet i don't know what to think about it :/

Fishmanpa
28-05-17, 15:36
Personally, I think you're hyper-focusing due to your anxiety and taking anxiety driven physical sensations and making them into something to worry about. Eventually you'll shift to something else and this will stop (You don't talk about your nodes anymore do you? ;) ).

Positive thoughts

maianixon
28-05-17, 15:42
Yeah rationally I know you're probably right. It is very frustrating though every time my anxiety starts to improve and I start to recover another symptom hits me out of nowhere and each time it's something scarier/harder to understand, I am getting better with dealing with it but i's also getting harder..

HockeyGuru
14-05-18, 17:41
This is the first thread I've found that describes exactly what I've been dealing with. Slightly achy, spasm like sensations in the calves and hamstrings that come and go but feel worse in the evening. I also had a 2-3 week period where it would feel strangely cold, like pins and needles but with a sensation of cold instead, around the lower legs. Finally, I also feel that sensation like my knees are about to pop as I move them. There is no pain (at least not pain in the strong sense) and no visible redness, inflammation, or changes in skin color.

I've tried to forget about it, but the possibility that it could be neurological freaks me out. All blood work in the past has been good.

Has anything changed for you at this point? Any findings worth sharing?