PDA

View Full Version : Extremely scared about my headache

swe
28-05-17, 12:09
Hi,

I hope I post this in the correct forum.

I have had headache for almost 3 weeks (19 days). About 2 weeks ago I went to the emergency, they made me see an optician etc and they told me that my eyes were fine. I'm going for a MRI scan on tuesday. Now I'm really scared that I have something life threatening. :(

My symtoms are basically that I feel a dull pain or something like that. I feel weaker, more tired and sometimes it starts to hurt quite a bit, but I've had worse headaches in my life but those were all short. Sometimes it hurts in my forehead, sometimes on the crown. Mostly on the right side, but it can sometimes be really hard to determine were the pain is comming from.

I feel unmotivated to do anything, I sleep pretty bad and my stomach hurts. (because all I think about is about my headache)

Excuse me if my english is bad, it's not my mother tounge.

Anyone got a clue to why I could have this headache?

Thanks,

Erik

Melonpony
28-05-17, 18:16
Stress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

neuroticcat
28-05-17, 18:17
Stress course be a cause. Not sleeping well could be another cause. You went to the ER, if it was something life threatening the doctor's would've figure it out.
I once had a headache that lasted for 5 days and wouldn't go away with ibuprofen and here I am, 6 months after that long headache, alive and replying to your message.
I'm sure your MRI will come our clear.
I hope this helps.

0121niamh
28-05-17, 18:31
Hi all not been on here for a long time!
I started having headaches 2 weeks ago was originally a migraine from lack of sleep but has been around ever since. Se days needing medication some days not. The last 5 days or so it's really started messing with my anxiety convinced it must be a tumor symptoms are

Headaches pressure throbbing worse whenover standing bend. Funny feeling in my ears like they need to pop bit whooshy in sound. Pulsating in head and sometimes in eyed too. Back of neck n head feel really heavy like I need to turn my head all the way round. Spoke to my Dr n asked if was a tumor he replied it's highly unlikely but won't dismiss it n wants to see me in a month. In addition I have polycistic overies and just had a 5 week 3 day period which had now stoppedal via med.
34 with 3 kids have been working 2 jobs but left my last job Thursday 25th and now going on to work full time

Any help or advice or anyone suffering the same would need appreciated

darkside4k
28-05-17, 18:36
A couple years ago I had a 3 month long headache. Anxiety and stress about it just prolonged it.

swe
28-05-17, 18:59
Thanks for the answers, really appreciate it

I don't have any idea what to do. I feel all alone with this, and now for the first time I feel like I may throw up. I have just been sitting on my chair all day thinking about it. I don't know if it could be becaue of stress because I feel like I don't have much responsibilities at the moment. I've dealt with insomnia quite a lot the last year, I even quit my first job because of it. Now I just feel like I can't sleep because I get small panic attacks all the time while laying in bed, thinking I might just be dead in a month or so.

Both my aunt and grandpa died in cancer, **** I'm so scared.

Melonpony
28-05-17, 19:19
Well, you do have stress if you're having panic attacks and not sleeping. What could have been a minor headache has snowballed into a nightmare of your own creation.
I've been there, and it is awful. :(
The saying is true- you have to break the pain cycle and move on.

neuroticcat
28-05-17, 19:38
Sometimes headaches don't have an underlying cause. I started having headaches in my early 20s. I'm in my late 20s now.
Sometimes I get them everyday. A lot of times I go to sleep with a headache and I wake up with a headache and I do feel weaker and more tired because of them.
Maybe you have a migraine.

swe
28-05-17, 19:44
Sometimes headaches don't have an underlying cause. I started having headaches in my early 20s. I'm in my late 20s now.
Sometimes I get them everyday. A lot of times I go to sleep with a headache and I wake up with a headache and I do feel weaker and more tired because of them.
Maybe you have a migraine.

Hi, thanks for your comment.

I don't think I have migraine, as the doctors (2 checked me) said that migraine only last about max 1 week and I was there on day 8, and now it's day 19. Also the pain isn't like super hard but it's always there. I have made a diary for when I get my headaches, and it's almost always worst in the mornings/evenings. I'm 20 years old at the moment by the way.

neuroticcat
28-05-17, 19:51
Is it a constant headache or it comes and goes for 19 days?
Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have cancer

swe
28-05-17, 19:58
Is it a constant headache or it comes and goes for 19 days?
Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have cancer

It's quite constant, I'm usually fine for a few hours and then it becomes worse for a few hours and then back to a more mild feeling. I can shake my head and bend down without hurting, I think that's good?

neuroticcat
28-05-17, 20:28
I think it's good. I had all sorts of headaches for the past years. I guess I would've been dead by now if it was a tumor.
Do painkillers help?

swe
28-05-17, 20:41
I think it's good. I had all sorts of headaches for the past years. I guess I would've been dead by now if it was a tumor.
Do painkillers help?

I think they do, well atleast make it less painful in general. But the pain never goes completely away. It removes like 50% of the pain I think. Hope you're doing well!

swajj
29-05-17, 12:37
Hi all not been on here for a long time!
I started having headaches 2 weeks ago was originally a migraine from lack of sleep but has been around ever since. Se days needing medication some days not. The last 5 days or so it's really started messing with my anxiety convinced it must be a tumor symptoms are

Headaches pressure throbbing worse whenover standing bend. Funny feeling in my ears like they need to pop bit whooshy in sound. Pulsating in head and sometimes in eyed too. Back of neck n head feel really heavy like I need to turn my head all the way round. Spoke to my Dr n asked if was a tumor he replied it's highly unlikely but won't dismiss it n wants to see me in a month. In addition I have polycistic overies and just had a 5 week 3 day period which had now stoppedal via med.
34 with 3 kids have been working 2 jobs but left my last job Thursday 25th and now going on to work full time

Any help or advice or anyone suffering the same would need appreciated

Maybe you should start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

OP your headache is very possibility due to anxiety. Headaches are one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. There is no specific types of headaches either. Anxiety headaches can occur a anywhere in your head. Also headaches that are the result of anxiety can hang around for months or longer. The longer you worry about the headache the longer it will hang around. Your doctors are being thorough by requesting an MRI. That's a good thing.

swe
29-05-17, 19:13
Feeling ALOT better today. Best I've been in weeks. And I haven't even eaten anything at all today, but still little to no headache! Your comments yesterday really helped me put myself at ease, so thanks!

Melonpony
29-05-17, 22:33
Yey!!!!

katniss
30-05-17, 06:14
I once had a headache for 8 months. Yes, you read that fight, 8 months. It was pretty vague, sometimes bad and sometimes barely there. I had one ER trip where I was sent away with some sinus medication and two trips to my family doctor. My doc suggested tension or migraine headaches. She never gave me any meds and just assumed they were because of anxiety. Meanwhile, I was convinced I had something bad. Oh God, it was a terrifying time and I remember I would have nights filled with panic attacks, numbness and tingling feelings it was crazy.

Anyway, long story short. I had been having some trouble in my personal life, issues with fertility/conceiving a child with my husband and problems with the in laws. Once I actually got pregnant my mind diverted to the little baby in me and my headache literally disappeared. I had given myself that headache for 8 months and all I had to do was be positive and divert my kind. Instead I thought about it everyday and unconsciously fed my anxiety thereby causing the headache. I hope this story gives you some solace.

Why exactly have you been given an MRI? A headache for 19 days is surely not always serious. Actually it's quite rare to have anything serious come out of it! I would totally relax if I were you :)