PDA

View Full Version : Headache and brain tumor fear

0121niamh
28-05-17, 18:10
Hi all not been on here for a long time!
I started having headaches 2 weeks ago was originally a migraine from lack of sleep but has been around ever since. Se days needing medication some days not. The last 5 days or so it's really started messing with my anxiety convinced it must be a tumor symptoms are

Headaches pressure throbbing worse whenover standing bend. Funny feeling in my ears like they need to pop bit whooshy in sound. Pulsating in head and sometimes in eyed too. Back of neck n head feel really heavy like I need to turn my head all the way round. Spoke to my Dr n asked if was a tumor he replied it's highly unlikely but won't dismiss it n wants to see me in a month. In addition I have polycistic overies and just had a 5 week 3 day period which had now stoppedal via med.
34 with 3 kids have been working 2 jobs but left my last job Thursday 25th and now going on to work full time

Any help or advice or anyone suffering the same would need appreciated

Melonpony
28-05-17, 18:15
I have similar symptoms. Had Dr check me out twice. First, diagnosed with migraines (I have never had migraines, they don't run in my family, and I had no idea migraines could last for weeks on end). Dr did neurological exam for stroke/tumor. All clear.
I am a SAHM and have 2 preschool-aged kids who definitely cause me high levels of stress. My husband is convinced the headaches are from parenting stress.
Relaxation techniques have helped. That was one thing she said (my dr) that ruled out a tumor. She said my headaches do give me relief when I do yoga, go to sleep, or do relaxation meditation.

It sounds like mom stress to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

0121niamh
28-05-17, 18:27
I've had tension headaches before and my "normal" headaches normally hurt when I move. It's the ear thing that's bothering me more at the minute feel like they need to be popped and occasional whooshing sounds which then seem to hurt my temples. My husband thinks km stressed from 2 jobs and sorting childcare for when I start the new job. I try to avoid taking medication I've done lots of googling which hasn't helped. Do u have the same ear symptoms??

Melonpony
28-05-17, 20:11
Not the exact same eat problems. But yes ear problems. My left ear hurts like it's a mild ear infection. That part, I think, is from clenching my jaw in my sleep and tensing my jaw during the day. I didn't know I was doing it, but apparently my dentist sees signs of it on my back teeth....left side only.

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

The headaches I get now( for the past year) are nothing like the headaches I've gotten my entire life. I actually never used to get headaches...I can honestly say before kids, I had a total of less than ten headaches. Now, it's more of an anomaly when I DON'T have one. It truly sucks.

0121niamh
28-05-17, 20:39
I no what u mean. My anxiety has been under control for a while but 2 weeks of headache has unsettled it. It's not even painful at times like now I'm typing this all that's bothering is my ear and the whooshing sound it seems to be on the right hand side more