PDA

View Full Version : 18 years old and have hip pain...?

Jotia
28-05-17, 18:18
Since last night I have had this dull throb on and off around my hip. It's feels like it travels around the top of my hip from the side, and travels to my back a little and down my abdomen a bit. It's mainly a dull but sometimes sharp pain in my hip bone at the top though. It seems worse when moving around but also just hurts if I'm sitting in certain positions. As it also feels like it's in my abdomen (travelling down the side of my hip bone on the inside, left side) I'm worried it's something internal, possibly something I should be going to hospital for ? I'm only 18 so hip pain because of arthritis is unlikely but what if it's something serious ? I also have my period due tomrrow, my mum says it's probably that but I google it and found no connection between hip pain and periods. I can't calm down about this :/

Mello
28-05-17, 19:21
Ok, I am not a doctor but I can tell you I get agonising hip pain for 2 weeks before my period. Just wait and see if it happens again next month. Might also be a freak occurrence, the amount of things I have freaked out over that only happened once I couldn't begin to tell you. Most helpful thing I ever heard was a sensation is not a symptom. Stay cool and breathe, anxiety is evil and lies to us!